SOLD - Salk Song Bookshelf Speakers

apstoltz

SOLD - Salk Song Bookshelf Speakers
« on: 9 Dec 2017, 06:13 pm »
Up for sale are a gorgeous pair of Salk bookshelf speakers in curly cherry. Excellent little monitor that produces wonderful sound with a very flat response. They are in great condition with the exception of a couple little marking in the finish....nothing drastic and really is not noticeable unless you are very close to the speaker. I have original packaging for safe travels.

SOLD plus shipping from 46040

Model   SongSurround I
Design   2-way ported
Tweeter   Hiquphon OW1
Woofer   Seas ER15
Response +/- 3db   50Hz - 20kHz
Sensitivity   84dB
Impedance   8 ohms
Amplification   100 watts
Alignment   Rear Ported
Dimensions   8 W x 10 D x 13 H
Weight   22 pounds each

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2017, 03:38 am by apstoltz »

sts9fan

Re: FS: Salk Song Bookshelf Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2017, 10:20 pm »
Who designed the speaker?

apstoltz

« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2017, 12:42 am »
Jim Salk with Salk sound. I believe Dennis Murphy does the crossover design.

wushuliu

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2017, 12:46 am »
The tweeter and woofers by themselves cost almost as much as the for sale price. This is a great deal.

Wind Chaser

Re: SOLD - Salk Song Bookshelf Speakers
« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2017, 03:45 am »
Late to the party, but how were these?

And furthermore, why do people delete the price once an item is sold? :scratch:

Cacophonix

« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2017, 04:40 am »
The buyer got a great great deal on this! Enjoy! I’m a huge fan of the tweeter and the ER18 is a nice woofer too.

Brettio

« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2017, 04:55 am »

Wish I knew the answer to that one. The listing price suddenly becomes top secret information that gets deleted and serves to help no one set future prices.

wushuliu

« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2017, 04:56 am »
Late to the party, but how were these?

The sale price isn't necessarily accurate. Maybe the price got negotiated privately, maybe there was a trade instead, maybe it falls through and seller decides up or lower it, so leaving the price could be misleading.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2017, 05:20 am »
There seems to be a trend of removing the asking price from the ad once the goods have sold. Why are people doing that? I’ve also noticed there seems quite a few instances where there is no asking price, that is until someone prompts the seller to post it.

Brettio

« Reply #9 on: 10 Dec 2017, 05:53 am »
The sale price isn't necessarily accurate. Maybe the price got negotiated privately, maybe there was a trade instead, maybe it falls through and seller decides up or lower it, so leaving the price could be misleading.

I agree that it may not be accurate but it lets others that may be selling the same item to set a price.  In addition it’s one of the few things mentioned in the Trading Post Guide. “Please update your item listing when it is sold by modifying the title of the original post.  Do not erase the ad.  Old ads help other sellers set a selling price.”   It’d be nice if more people would read and follow this.

apstoltz

« Reply #10 on: 10 Dec 2017, 12:55 pm »
I will chime in here to give some reasonings. I personally mark listings sold in the subject and price section to let viewers know the item is sold. Some may not see it in the title but more than likely will in the post. I don't think one individuals price should dictate the price of a future sale.....example someone could let something go at a crazy good price and pretty much give it away and if someone in the future sells the same item and puts a fair price....ultimately the give it away price could hurt the future sale. Price is very dependent on what the seller feels like their item is worth and what they are willing to part ways with it.

Brettio

« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec 2017, 03:37 pm »
I’ll jot down your prices in the future as I only skimmed this ad before.  I believe the secret number was $425 plus shipping. 

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #12 on: 10 Dec 2017, 03:52 pm »
I’ll jot down your prices in the future as I only skimmed this ad before.  I believe the secret number was $425 plus shipping.

So are you expecting any future Salk Surround I bookshelf speakers to be posted here to have a similar price regardless of condition, age, veneer choice, or finish choice?

srb

« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2017, 04:52 pm »

The asking price was $450 plus shipping.  I have no idea if the selling price was the same or lowered.

Regardless of one's own personal thoughts on the subject, the Trading Post asks that you follow the guidelines and not remove pricing, so as a member of the AudioCircle forum community I would just comply with the rules.

Brettio

« Reply #14 on: 10 Dec 2017, 10:29 pm »
So are you expecting any future Salk Surround I bookshelf speakers to be posted here to have a similar price regardless of condition, age, veneer choice, or finish choice?

By ‘same item’ I assumed others would understand that meant the same brand/model.  Those other variables would likely come into play into the value/what others will play for something (they do for me).  Other factors may come into play as well.  Do I need to list those as well?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #15 on: 10 Dec 2017, 10:51 pm »
By ‘same item’ I assumed others would understand that meant the same brand/model.  Those other variables would likely come into play into the value/what others will play for something (they do for me).  Other factors may come into play as well.  Do I need to list those as well?

Yes

Brettio

« Reply #16 on: 10 Dec 2017, 10:58 pm »
Ask Siri.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #17 on: 10 Dec 2017, 11:00 pm »

Brettio

« Reply #18 on: 10 Dec 2017, 11:02 pm »
I own that one!  :duh: