Satin Black X-Voce

soundofrockets

Satin Black X-Voce
« on: 29 Feb 2012, 10:12 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place.  Anybody in the SF Bay Area interested the AV123 Satin Black X-Voce ??  $250.00.  Tx

murphy11

Re: Satin Black X-Voce
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm »
Trading post forum is probably the right place for selling speakers http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=104.0

Cheeseboy

« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2012, 04:45 pm »
You must have received your new LS Center Channel speaker.  Care to give us a reveiw?  Pictures?   

soundofrockets

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2012, 12:31 am »
yes steve.  i have the new ls-center.  it works great.  i am not much of a reviewer mostly somebody who enjoys good stuff.  i will try to take some pixs and post them.  how are the 6s palying ?? do you need the xvoce to go with them ??

Cheeseboy

« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2012, 05:12 pm »
We are still walking in rythm and moving in stereo.

OK one sentence.  What do you like about the LS Center?

The Xvoce sounded really good in your system.  You couldn't find anything close to it for $250.  It is like a chameleon the way it complements most of the other speakers in the system. 

Maybe I should buy it?  No yes no yes!!!!!

I love my LS6's.  You would like the way everything sounds.  You are welcome anytime.  I could use a good set of ears like yours to critique and offer suggestions on improvment.  The room is very much alive.   It could always stand to get some improvement.  I need some good ideas.  The room needs some better established boundries.  The AC has always been noisy.   

Have you been following Michaels V-1 build?  We may have to ride share for a listen to San Jose. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2012, 05:36 pm »
one of these days i will stop by to sample some of your pinots......only if the babies allow me !!  i thought morganc was planning something in san fran area ......and yes i will be willing to go to san j for michaels v check up.......his house was the place where i first met you and kurt......

what i like about the ls center.......its big.....clear......loud.......sexy looking......

Cheeseboy

« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2012, 08:24 pm »

Big...clear...loud...sexy looking.  I think thats why my wife married me.  Mostly big and loud.

Does the center complement the timbre and dynamics of the LS9's? 

Forget about coming to the house we'll just meet at Shug Winery and some others in Carneros. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the V1.  MorganC has some new speakers?  MorganC change something in his system?  No way?  I'd bring some of my new favorite Zin to hear his new rig. 

Where in the world is Kurt?  We met Socal there too. 

soundofrockets

« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2012, 08:57 pm »
i would say the new center matches very well with the lines both in terms of acoustics and physical appearence.  certainly a good upgrade from the X-Voce which kept its own with the big boys.  once the lights are off in the man cave......the timber blends in great......

wired4sound

« Reply #8 on: 2 Mar 2012, 10:00 pm »
I was seriously considering LS-6 as my ultimate(?) speaker, but due to its room size requirement, I am bit apprehensive. Tempted to hear Gotchaforce LS-6 but afraid I might like it. Besides, the cost of a used LS-6 is approaching the cost of Super V. Wait for X-Otica?  :scratch:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #9 on: 5 Mar 2012, 05:03 pm »
There are a lot of variables in room dynamics.  What is the size of the room you will be listening in?  If the speakers are 3 feet from the front wall what is the distance from the front of the speaker to your listening position. 
Lets talk about your room size then you might consider going for a listen.  Even a slightly compromised LS6 might deliver alot more than some other compromised speaker in the same room.  There is so much right about them.  You can write some others here that are in smaller rooms with the LS6 and are doing quite well. 

The V and the LS Series are very different in presentation. 

floss

« Reply #10 on: 5 Apr 2012, 09:33 pm »
I'm interested if you can PM/e-mail me about how much shipping would be to southern CA, zip 93065. Thanks!