Playstation Vita....these are nicer than I thought....

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I sold some stuff and was able to pull off buying a Wifi PS Vita, 16 GB memory card, a couple games and some accessories- just over $400 to start out...thats pricey!!!

Is it worth it, depends on what your into, its a totally unnecessary item, and a total ball to play with.
1) The screen is amazing, clear as clear can be and bright as in just right. Its like looking at a Blue ray movie for the first time-remember that?? 5" X ?? I think so its easily viewed and Netflix is already an option so it streams movies easily and they look good. Some look great, most look good...

2) The augmented reality piece is way better than I thought. You get six playing cards with barcode like things on them and lay them out on a flat surface, or surfaces as in heights etc...the game "Fireworks" (Free) looks at 3 cards and replaces them with mini cartoonish buildings and fireworks start shooting out and escalate as you burst them at the pinnacle of flight unlocking more and more cray fireworks...the little village of 3 buildings on my ottoman was engulfed with Fireworks after about 6 or 7 minutes....LOL...its wild.
 "Diver" looks at two cards on 2 different planes and builds a dive platform on one and a small divable lake around the other...my floor suddenly became a miniature lake and this little guy started diving off my ottoman into it.....remind anyone of any interesting evenings in the pursuit of our early educational, college years????
 You gotta see it.....I was just giggling...alot...LOL......

3) Games are pricey, I got Fifa Soccer and Hotshots Golf.....and the card allowed me to download demos on the others that are out...I used 8GB of the 16GB card already...I got it yesterday...and have like 4 full games and some demos...Buy a big memory card-I'm delighted I bought the $59 16 GB one...32GB is $99...Sony has us by the ___ls on these folks.

4) Its the first toy/gadget I've bought since my ipod touch that has me playing with it constantly. I woke up this morning and turned it on, had a smoke and screwed around with it. I played games off and on last night, fell asleep with it in my lap> I got a nice silicone case for just those moments in fact but it didn't fall so far.........these are very cool. I had to have one, I'm a nerd what can I say....my kids will have another cool toy when they visit or when I'm gone.........fun factor 9.5, biggest surprise is how good the $19.99 earbuds they made for it sound, they are now my goto IEM's......the gear is pricey but performs extremely well.
 See you guys online.......PSN ID is    "ecle you guys know the rest as in" my screename

Rclark

Re: Playstation Vita....these are nicer than I thought....
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2012, 10:58 pm »
I'll get one eventually. It's an Oled screen btw, my phone has one... It's almost better than my tv...

ajzepp

« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2012, 09:14 am »
You got two of the games that I probably would have targeted, too...I love sports simulation games, particularly soccer and golf. So you can play online just like you can with the big playstation then? How cool is that!

We live in such a cool age of technology....the toys just keep getting better and better :D

cujobob

« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2012, 09:25 am »
I'm always tempted but I never actually use portable systems anymore. I need to get my hands on one and see how tempted I am.

ajzepp

« Reply #4 on: 7 Mar 2012, 09:30 am »
I'm always tempted but I never actually use portable systems anymore. I need to get my hands on one and see how tempted I am.

That's how I've always been, too, but after seeing some videos of this thing on youtube, I can't believe how far portables have come...the graphics and game play look stellar!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #5 on: 7 Mar 2012, 11:28 am »
The thing with this how fast it is, boots up quickly, apps load quickly, start snappily, you touch something and it opens immediately...thats the part that really gets me. This feels as fast as any other portable by Apple or anybody that I've played with before.

No lag loading apps, they just start right away..I have big hands and its a touch small for me even though its bigger then a PSP. The buttons are arranged very logically right where you would naturally reach for so its a bit cramped for me with big hands so I'm going to buy the trigger grip add-on piece which will be awesome.

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 7 Mar 2012, 06:21 pm »
It's basically a handheld ps3. For a portable, the processing power is immense. Definitely seems worth it.