Selling My Kismet Reference Floorstanding Speakers

stereo5

• Current System
Selling My Kismet Reference Floorstanding Speakers
« on: 14 Aug 2017, 07:40 pm »
I will be posting this on Audiogon in a few days but thought I would put this out for anyone who may be interested.  I own an original pair of the Kismet Reference Floorstanding Speakers which Klaus told me are Lorelei's on steroids.  They look exactly like the Lorelei's, but with a much more beefier and sophisticated crossover.  They are in a Santa Rosewood finish and went for 3500.00.  These were purchased new in 2009 and I bought them used in 2010.  They have been boxed up the past couple of years and they are in great shape.  I will be giving these away for 1200.00 plus shipping.  If anyone is interested (really interested, not tire kickers) drop me a PM.  They will be going up for sale on Audiogon later this week.  Granite bases are not part of the sale and not for sale.  I added the gold cones and inserts for better isolation.  The cones cost me 240.00 for both speakers

Klaus, if you do not want this here, please delete at your convenience.

Bob

« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2017, 08:30 pm by stereo5 »

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: Selling My Kismet Reference Floorstanding Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2017, 09:24 pm »
Where are you located?

My usual question when hard to ship items I'm interested are offered.

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2017, 12:06 am »
The speakers are not hard to ship, I have the original boxes and packing.  I bought these from a person who lives in Texas, I live in Rhode Island.  They survived a 2000+ mile trip via FedEx ground with no problems.

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2017, 12:18 am »
GLWS Bob, that is a great speaker at a great price.  My pair has been back in the Family Room system for the last three weeks while my Spatial's are being upgraded.  You have to spend a lot more to find a better speaker plus it has a high WAF.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2017, 12:19 am »

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2017, 12:39 am »
Thank you for posting the picture, I had forgotten it was here.  I just posted 3 pictures in the original post.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2017, 01:58 am by stereo5 »

SoCalWJS

« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2017, 02:04 am »
Those are gorgeous!

Every time I've heard those speakers, I've been impressed - they sound very good on a such a wide variety of music.

I'd bet they sell fast at that price.

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #7 on: 15 Aug 2017, 02:18 am »
Thank you.  I want to see them go to a good home and to someone who will appreciate them.  They sound quite special with the Stratos Extreme I drove them with.  I really hesitated selling these over the past 2 years as I always thought I would gift them to my son but he is uninterested.

srb

« Reply #8 on: 15 Aug 2017, 02:30 am »
I really hesitated selling these over the past 2 years as I always thought I would gift them to my son but he is uninterested.

:scratch:   A gift!  Does he hate music?  Does he hate movies?  Does he hate beautiful neutral tint rosewood?

My mind is boggled.  Daddy ..... ?

Brettio

« Reply #9 on: 15 Aug 2017, 04:00 am »
I have a pair of these with the kismet upgrade which I really enjoy.  Look in my gallery for photos of the kismet crossover.

On a side note, and I don't know if you have or if Klaus cares, but you may want to get Klaus' blessing before posting sale ads in the Odyssey circle. 

Brett

SoCalWJS

« Reply #10 on: 15 Aug 2017, 04:45 am »
Thank you.  I want to see them go to a good home and to someone who will appreciate them.  They sound quite special with the Stratos Extreme I drove them with.  I really hesitated selling these over the past 2 years as I always thought I would gift them to my son but he is uninterested.
Unsinterested?!!?

UNINTERESTED??!!!!???

Disown him. Now. It's obvious none of your Audio Genes were passed along....

:green:

Sense63

« Reply #11 on: 15 Aug 2017, 04:02 pm »
PM sent

charmerci

« Reply #12 on: 15 Aug 2017, 04:44 pm »
I really hesitated selling these over the past 2 years as I always thought I would gift them to my son but he is uninterested.

DAD! I've been looking for you for such a long time!

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #13 on: 15 Aug 2017, 08:29 pm »
Speakers have been SOLD!

dB Cooper

« Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2017, 02:34 am »
Damn right they have.

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2017, 03:35 am »
I have a pair of these with the kismet upgrade which I really enjoy.  Look in my gallery for photos of the kismet crossover.

On a side note, and I don't know if you have or if Klaus cares, but you may want to get Klaus' blessing before posting sale ads in the Odyssey circle. 

Brett

Brett,

You are absdolutely right on this, it never ocurred to me to ask Klaus first.   I should have known better.  I posted a note to Klaus in the first post asking him if he feels it is an inappropriate post, then to please delete it.

Brettio

« Reply #16 on: 16 Aug 2017, 11:59 am »
I'm glad the the sale worked out well for you and the buyer. Someone's gonna be very happy! 

I didn't mean to speak for Klaus, or be the local badge carrying internet police officer, on this one.  I agree that it's a good way to get Odyssey products for sale in front of those that are already in, or want to join, the Odyssey club. 

Have you already picked out their replacement?

stereo5

• Current System
« Reply #17 on: 16 Aug 2017, 02:24 pm »
I haven't been using these for the past two years but right now I have the Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers and the Golden Ear Triton 1 speakers in 2 different systems.