NFL Football '16-17

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #280 on: 18 Jan 2017, 09:59 pm »
OK, the police report is more damning anyway.  CNN had a pretty full expose a couple of years back. I'll find it and post a link.
Let's just say Leti thinks he's innocent, I think he's probably guilty.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/16/roethlisberger.incident/index.html
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2017, 11:00 pm by S Clark »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #281 on: 18 Jan 2017, 11:51 pm »
That's not what happened in the bathroom.  The sexual act the girl performed occurred in the bathroom, and was consensual except at the end of it.  If you can read between the lines you might get an idea of what happened.  What she reported to the police was a lie and the officer on the scene said he thought she wasn't being straight with him.  Her girlfriends dragged the girl over to the police car, she had no intention of reporting anything.  The rape examination came up empty because there wasn't one.  No charges were filed and no civil suit was brought.  Ben was truthful to the Steelers and league officials and he was punished appropriately for his misbehavior. 

He also paid an out of court settlement to a female for an incident in Las Vegas.  The girl went to his room willingly, they did have sex, the girl later claimed it wasn't consensual.  A common thing with young, rich, celebrities, was the girl looking for a paycheck, who knows.  No charges were filed, from memory the girl's claim was sometime after the event.  In both cases it shows a lack of maturity and a pattern of disrespect to women.  He was wrong, way wrong, and deserves the punishment he received and the lack of respect you deem appropriate.  However throwing the rapist word around is unfair, untrue, and irresponsible.

S Clark

« Reply #282 on: 18 Jan 2017, 11:58 pm »
Excuse me.  I didn't realize that you were also in that locked room with the accused criminal and his alleged victim.  Look, the truth is that she said it was rape, he says it's consensual, and only the two of them know for sure.  You believe his version, I believe hers.  He has a history.  Hotshot QB's have been entitled since jr. high. 
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2017, 03:23 am by S Clark »

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #283 on: 19 Jan 2017, 12:37 am »
Guys,

Please cease and desist on the rape and criminal talk.

That is not what this circle is for.

Thanks.

George

S Clark

« Reply #284 on: 19 Jan 2017, 03:00 am »
Go Packers!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #285 on: 20 Jan 2017, 01:50 pm »
The Las Vegas Raiders?!?
Guess they could have an Elvis impersonator as a mascot.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #286 on: 20 Jan 2017, 02:59 pm »
The Las Vegas Raiders?!?
Guess they could have an Elvis impersonator as a mascot.

Or a Mafia stooge?  John Gotti?  Chumli from Pawn Stars?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #287 on: 20 Jan 2017, 06:15 pm »
Jimmy Hoffa, that's the ticket!
What has happened to the NFL?

twitch54

« Reply #288 on: 20 Jan 2017, 06:45 pm »
Regardless if he was there or not it's not smart to post hearsay accusations on a public forum - it's a potential libel issue.

regardless, he sure as hell not a role model, not that any athlete should be so construed

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #289 on: 21 Jan 2017, 12:32 am »
So this weekend's matchups look like a couple of slam dunks for New England and Atlanta with as of today point spreads of -6 and -5 to -6 respectively.  But being the NFL we'll likely get an upset in one of the games, question is which one?  The Patriots have the Steelers number throughout the years, and the Packers are pretty beat up.  So what do you guys and girl think?  Which underdog has the best chance to upset?

Mag

« Reply #290 on: 21 Jan 2017, 01:31 am »
Well my opinion is don't bet against Rogers. I think he is the best quarterback, even thought the other teams have elite quarterbacks.

Emil

« Reply #291 on: 21 Jan 2017, 12:39 pm »
Well my opinion is don't bet against Rogers. I think he is the best quarterback, even thought the other teams have elite quarterbacks.

Unless he has the flu
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/aaron_rodgers_dealing_with_sickness_ahead_of_nfc_championship_game/s1_12680_23014747?mb_edition=20170121

fredgarvin

« Reply #292 on: 21 Jan 2017, 06:03 pm »
Jimmy Hoffa, that's the ticket!
What has happened to the NFL?

Roger Goodell. He intentionally injected the poison of politics whenever possible.

ctviggen

« Reply #293 on: 21 Jan 2017, 06:07 pm »
So this weekend's matchups look like a couple of slam dunks for New England and Atlanta with as of today point spreads of -6 and -5 to -6 respectively.  But being the NFL we'll likely get an upset in one of the games, question is which one?  The Patriots have the Steelers number throughout the years, and the Packers are pretty beat up.  So what do you guys and girl think?  Which underdog has the best chance to upset?

I'm hoping for Pittsburgh. My wife bought our two daughters Steelers shirts, so we'll all be in front of the TV, fully attired in Steelers gear, including a large hand with the index finger up, giving the #1 sign.  We do have a terrible towel, but my wife rotated it into our normal dish towel rotation.  Mon Dieu! Sacrilege! Heresy! 

In reality, I don't have much hope that Pittsburgh will beat New England, but we'll see.

Emil

« Reply #294 on: 21 Jan 2017, 07:13 pm »
I'm hoping for Pittsburgh. My wife bought our two daughters Steelers shirts, so we'll all be in front of the TV, fully attired in Steelers gear, including a large hand with the index finger up, giving the #1 sign.  We do have a terrible towel, but my wife rotated it into our normal dish towel rotation.  Mon Dieu! Sacrilege! Heresy! 

In reality, I don't have much hope that Pittsburgh will beat New England, but we'll see.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/fifteen-steelers-players-battle-flu-bug-afc-title-game-article-1.2952073

fredgarvin

« Reply #295 on: 21 Jan 2017, 10:18 pm »

I've always liked the Steelers because as a franchise they always seem to represent the true game. But if they were to win it would be a shocker. If Rogers has another ridiculous game and they win, I wouldn't be surprised. Atlanta gets my bet though as they are the better team.

stlrman

« Reply #296 on: 22 Jan 2017, 01:42 pm »
The Steelers will  need a great team effort to win today ! I believe it can be done . Ben must have a great game. The Steelers must be effective in the red zone . Our defense must hit Tom hard and often , keeping him off balance and out of sync. Bell must continue his dominance .  Special teams need to be as good as last week.  And we must tackle well.
  Go Steelers!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #297 on: 22 Jan 2017, 02:29 pm »
Brian Billick was on the NFL Channel this morning and did a statistical analysis of what the Steelers need to do to win.  It was something like 550 yards of offense including over 200 yards on the ground with Brady throwing four interceptions and Pittsburgh scoring touchdowns on every trip to the red zone or kicking 21 field goals.  Obviously tongue in cheek, but it seems like Pittsburgh almost needs to do something like that too win in Foxbourgh.  I'll have my black and gold on, and give the Steelers a puncher's chance to win, but the odds are stacked against them.

Best Steeler joke lately, James Harrison has a bear rug in his house.  It's not dead, it's just afraid to move.

mcgsxr

« Reply #298 on: 22 Jan 2017, 03:08 pm »
My brother is a long time Pats fan.  My other brother a long time Pack fan.

I don't feel at all bad about pulling in the opposite direction in both games!

I have great respect for what all 4 teams have done to get here.  I want to see 2 great games mostly.

stlrman

« Reply #299 on: 22 Jan 2017, 03:53 pm »
Now it's Firealarmgate!!!!!

A Pats fan was arrested for pulling the fire alarm at the Steelers hotel at 3am . I wonder how the Steekers slept last night ?

Cheaters gonna cheat !!