how would supercharged stack against ht2 tower

caper334@hotmail.com

how would supercharged stack against ht2 tower
« on: 13 Sep 2012, 02:01 pm »
just wondering if anyone has an opinion as to what speaker would perform the best..the supercharged and ht2 are close in price...I am considering the supercharged towers but was browsing the other models and saw those HT2...price is the same just wondering about performance...I am putting an order in today for something...would love to hear some opinions....I have a pioneer elite SC-55 and emotiva xpa3 amp...room size is 13ft wide and 20 long...thanks

Saturn94

Re: how would supercharged stack against ht2 tower
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:02 pm »
The HT2 should have higher bass output capability.  There may be some differences in how the bass sounds since the HT2 is a sealed design and the SC Songtower is a TL (tranmission line) design.  Other than that I would expect them to sound very similar.

Keep in mind I've never heard the SCST in person.

Jim Salk could certainly give you a better idea of the differences.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:16 pm »
Depends on what you want to achieve.  Jim will steer you accordingly.  For the money I would be all over the HT2's versus the SCST's.  If, for some reason, you don't want ot need more bass then the SCST's might be a nice little tight pair of speakers for listening to, especially if your environment calls for slightly lower volume levels.  Both are easy to drive so your electronics are fine.

Full disclosure: have owned HT3's, Archos, ST's, HT2TL's, and SS8's.

srb

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2012, 06:20 pm »
The floor standing HT2 is ported, the 22"H HT2 monitor is sealed.

Although the larger W18 midbass drivers of the HT2 would have more bass output than the SongTower Supercharged with smaller W15 midbass drivers, the SongTower SC has a little lower frequency response.

HT2 (floorstanding):  42Hz, -3dB
SongTower Supercharged:  34Hz, -3dB

Steve
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2012, 01:33 am by srb »

Saturn94

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm »
It should also be noted that if space is a concern, the SCST has a smaller footprint than the HT2.

Saturn94

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm »
The floor standing HT2 is ported, the sealed 22"H HT2 monitor is sealed.......
Steve

Thanks for the correction. :)

Nuance

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2012, 08:17 pm »
Either speaker will rock your world. :D

caper334@hotmail.com

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2012, 11:19 pm »
I just bought the supercharged ones.....hopefully they will sound as good as you guys all say

glangford

« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2012, 10:36 am »
Great choice and congrats on the SCTs.  That is what I did about 2 weeks ago.  My choice wasn't SCST vs HT2-TL, if was ST vs ST w/RAAL, vs SCST,, although I did think briefly about the HT2.   Space was a big factor, so I went with the minimal space of the SCST. 

caper334@hotmail.com

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2012, 02:45 pm »
Yes I am away working now for a little bit...My speakers will be home but I will still be on the road working......reviews were all great...I just wish there was a bit more info on them scst...I don't really understand the graphs and drivers and tweeters...raal....dome....ribbon...tml ....I bought this speaker solely on reviews....I never found anything really negative on any of them maybe not the best in some peoples eyes but they still weren't bad and only one review comes to mind saying they weren't their favourites....I just want these speakers to sound great and I am hoping on a big improvement compared to my rc 70s and I never thought they were bad ...I don't have one bad thing to say about those speakers....so salk land my expectations are high.....anyone want to comment on raal....dome....ribbon....tml....chime in