Hey guys CCA C16s...8BAs per side iem for under $100...great sound.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
So I’m like into iems and DAPS now and finding crazy good sounding hybrids that are inexpensive.
KZ has a sister company called CCA...C10 is $35ish with 5 drivers a side...huge homerun..sounds excellent.
Now the C16 with 8 a side that can be had for under $100......All over AliExpress....
Amazing the hybrids that are coming and its shaking up the executives I’m sure at several high end iem manufacturers.....

Hope you guys are all fantastic....I’m 61 now, walk all over, ride an electric ebike/scooter all around....
Doing great!

My scooter....lol

eclein

• Volunteer
Its been 3 days and nobody has posted anything here....like at all, because this hasn’t moved.
Where is anybody?

JohnR

The bike looks cool, but it's hard to know what you're referring to. 8 a side what? Maybe some links or pictures? ;)

eclein

• Volunteer
John how the heck are you........I’m doing fantastic and hope you are too.....I showed the Grados you gave me that I modded to John Grado...he loved. Now hes chopping down trees.

8 balanced armatures per side...sound excellent CCA C16s

John they can gotten for 90ish bucks

Next is C20...in the coming weeks.....amazing stuff in Chifi!,,
Stay awesome John!

randytsuch

Hey Eclein

What have you compared the C16's to?
What kind of sound signature do they have?  (neutral, V, bass head, …)

How does the KZ stuff compare to CCA?  (I know they are sister companies, but not sure why KZ started CCA)

I've thought about buying chi fi IEMs in the recent past, but bought some used campfire iems instead.

Randy

eclein

• Volunteer
Well I had 64AUDIO U4SE’s, Dunu iems, Etymotic, ONE MORE quads, Sennheiser Momentum in ears then I tried a KZ ZS5 and loved it. Waited awhile bought KZ BA10s, BQEYZ BQ3S, sold 64Audios then tried all inexpensive hybrids that I read had incredible sound and Value.

CCA we think is line where the tuning is way more balanced and professional sounding....C10 and C16s are the best I’ve ever heard. I’m not wealthy and currently retired on disability from Soc Sec so my Audeze buying days are behind me and I’m enjoying the hobby more as I’m finally receiving value instead of overpriced products.
If I had more cash I’d be buying high end and these hybrids.....I’d love a Solaris, like a prayed for a 64audio iem someday. It was a fine product until it was being pushed aside for the $500 I bought it for so I sold them, got a new DAP and more iems......and started getting pumped about my hobby and as a drummer enjoying music more!
 Does that help?

JohnR

Wow the C10 is cheap. What would you say the main differences C10/C16 are?

eclein

• Volunteer
The C16 is a more mature C10....with detail and speed ..John I never say this to anybody but if your curious grab a C10 let it play in, burn in and enjoy. I have never yet heard/read a bad opinion on it.
Let me know John what you think.
Ed
eclein (at) gmail
Have fun

santacore

The shell seems rather large on these. How is the comfort level? It seems like they would stick out a lot from the ear.

eclein

• Volunteer
They can be seen on my ears looking in mirror, small amount of the leading edge of faceplate. No comfort issues for me and I don't anyone post about it on head-fi.

nature boy

Thanks eclein. Ordered a pair for some listening. Should be here in a week or so.

NB

nature boy

So I ordered a pair on Alibaba 3/8/19. AliExpress tracking info shows a 36 day plane interval from China the U.S. Must have been a hot air balloon🌬️

The C16's are still in transit. This will be my last purchase on AliExpress😞.

NB
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2019, 09:29 am by nature boy »

Jon L

Must be store dependent on AliExpress.  I ordered one which arrived within 3 weeks, and I ordered another one from a different store on Ali for a friend which arrived within 3 weeks. 

0401191533 by drjlo2, on Flickr

elwappo99

Hey eclein!

Any more comparisons between the CCA c10 and c16? I've been eyeing these just because there's so much noise about them right now