April News from Mapletree Audio Design

Dr. Lloyd

• http://www.mapletreeaudio.com
April News from Mapletree Audio Design
« on: 26 Mar 2004, 12:40 pm »
Hello AudioCircle members and readers:

I have some spring news to pass along regarding the MAD products. First of all, I have a new domain name and URL--www.mapletreeaudio.com. The new email address is info@mapletreeaudio.com which is forwarded to my address lloyd.peppard@sympatico.ca, which you can also use.

Beginning April 1 (not a joke!), the Octal 6A preamp will become the Magic 5 preamp. Difficulties in securing a reliable supply of NOS 12J5GT tubes has required that the functions of the two 12J5s be combined in a 12SN7GT, hence the reduction in glass bottle count. The performance is unchanged (as is the price) but the top chassis tube layout is slightly different. The SE version is still supplied with the old 6-tube format for now. As an April special, you can get 10% (over $50) off the price of an assembled Magic 5. Also in April, you receive a free 45 W soldering iron with the purchase of any MAD kit. Lastly, in response to customer requests, all MAD components now come with BIG feet--1" diameter, 3/4" high rubber isolation feet give superior acoustic isolation (obviously) and are a definite aesthetic advancement.

As always, I am happy to answer any and all queries--either via this forum or my prvate maessage or email.

Regards,

Lloyd