Audition SongTower's in the Seattle area

adolgins

Audition SongTower's in the Seattle area
« on: 1 Feb 2009, 09:00 pm »
I have been corresponding with Jim in an effort to find someone who would allow my wife and myself to audition a pair of SongTower speakers.  We live in Portland, but the closest owners are in the Seattle area and we are ready to make the plunge but really want to hear the speakers first.  I am confident from all the rave reviews on this site, and AVS that we will come to the same conclusion.  Hope someone can help us.  thanks.

DarienJax

Re: Audition SongTower's in the Seattle area
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2009, 05:14 am »
The two owners in the Seattle area who helped me out were ArthurDent and fishinbob from this forum.  They were both very friendly, and hopefully won't mind me pointing them out...

If they're busy, or you don't mind waiting, I should have my own set of STs sometime next month that I would be glad to demo.

adolgins

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2009, 11:46 am »
Thank you for the information.  I will attempt to contact them but if that doesn't work out will take you up on your kind offer.  Hope you enjoy your new Song Towers.  Al

skeeter99

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2009, 10:46 pm »
I am interested in auditioning a set of Song Towers and Center in a HT environment but would settle for a 2 channel setup. Anyone care to let me audition? I'm in Monroe, work in Redmond and would love a chance to hear these babies.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2009, 11:15 pm »
Am currently dealing with some system glitches, as soon as those are resolved I believe we can work something out. fwiw I have the domes & fishinbob has the RTs. Will get back to you when I'm back up & running.

Not a problem DJ, good to hear yours are in construction.

Later, or sooner if possible.   :)

skeeter99

« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2009, 12:37 am »
Am currently dealing with some system glitches, as soon as those are resolved I believe we can work something out. fwiw I have the domes & fishinbob has the RTs. Will get back to you when I'm back up & running.

Not a problem DJ, good to hear yours are in construction.

Later, or sooner if possible.   :)

That'd be great! The dome tweets would be the ones I'd be looking at. I currently have Onix Strata Mini's and an X-Voce for my HT front and am mostly (95%) HT. Do you have them set up in a HT setup or 2 channel?

Thanks!

Scott

DarienJax

« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2009, 03:13 am »
I received my SongTower RTs and SongCenter a couple weeks ago (review and pictures forthcoming...), and they are in a 3-channel setup for HT (though I listen to music in stereo).  The center channel isn't ideally positioned yet, and I have the ribbon tweeters instead of dome; but I am located in Kirkland if you want someplace closer for another audition.  I do recommend visiting ArthurDent, though; he was a great host and has a nice setup, including the surrounds.

ArthurDent

« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2009, 10:11 pm »
Quick check-in for adolgins & skeeter. Apologies for the delay, system it still down, but should be functioning shortly. Of course there has been another unrelated glitch, in that due to a TV failure, the HT screen is now relocated to the LR for general watching. 2 channel, & HT setup are a separate dedicated (relatively small) space.

My setup is a combo, utilizing a diagram from AVA which incorporates a 2nd dedicated 3 channel amp (for center, L/R surround), & HT processor to complete the 5.1 setup. I do have the Song Surround Is, and a Song Center. (and I owe ichillpill an SS I review from pre New Years. soon, really, honestly, soon)

Haven't forgotten y'all, just been one thing after another. Hope to discuss possible dates for your visit in the next week or two. Your patience is appreciated.   :thumb:

ArthurDent

« Reply #8 on: 28 Apr 2009, 06:21 am »
Apologies for the delay. System is finally up and running again. Given the travel involved for adolgins I think the best approach is to let them pick a couple of dates that work, I'll verify my schedule, then we can see if those work for skeeter. Saturday is best for me, for numerous reasons, and time can be from say 10 AM to 2 PM or so for a start, wrapping early evening at latest. With the 4:30 AM Sun F1 races, and 6:30 tee time I try to wind (as in a clock) down relatively early.

PM me with what dates work for you, and we'll go from there. If their date simply doesn't work for you skeeter we'll work something out to get you a listen. As previously noted with regards to visitors, this is a dog house, in case you have allergies or other concerns.   8)

sedah

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2009, 02:56 pm »
Hi there,

I know this thread is a little out of date, but I'm also someone who has been keeping an eye on the SongTowers and would love to audition them. I'm in Vancouver, BC, and Jim has said that the closest STs he's shipped were to Seattle. Anyone out there willing to host a canuck for a listening session?