Australia-bound HT3's

jsalk

Australia-bound HT3's
« on: 24 Aug 2007, 07:33 pm »
Gedas wanted a pair of bubinga HT3's but he lived in Australia.  After corresponding for a while, he decided to proceed with the project. Today, the trucking company came and picked them up. 

After a 62-day voyage by sea freight, Gedas should finally see and hear them in person. In the mean time, he'll have to settle for these pictures...

We had two solid bubinga boards to cut the front baffles from.  But it was hard for Gedas to envision how they would look and make a choice.  So we actually cut and finished two sets of bubinga front baffles from the two different boards and sent photos so Gedas could select the pair he liked best.

Here's a close-up...

So today, after filing all the necessary documents, we said "Bon Voyage" to them and sent them on their way.

While it may be a bit premature to say, happy listening Gedas!

- Jim

jsalk

Re: Australia-bound HT3's
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2007, 09:03 pm »
Are you sure your speakers work in the southern hemisphere? (shouldn't the tweeter go on the bottom)

Brian -

They are.  The spikes go on the ceiling.

- Jim

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2007, 03:30 am »
Nice work Jim.... :thumb:
Are these the first to go to Australia ?

Chris

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2007, 04:45 am »
Chris -

Nice work Jim.... :thumb:
Are these the first to go to Australia ?

Chris

Yes, they are.  This is actually our second order from Australia but the first to ship.  I am still waiting on the word to finish up a home theater set-up for another customer who ordered earlier.  I don't know what his time-table is however, so it may be a while for those.

- Jim

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2007, 04:47 am »
Thanks Jim.....your slowly making your way around the world...nice !! :thumb:

VW

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2007, 12:27 am »
A bit of a belated posting as I have been very busy of late, but I didn't want it left unsaid thats its been a true pleasure dealing with Jim at all stages of these Bubinga HT3's coming into being.  At first I laid it on Jim that I wanted a very specific Bubinga finish, not Waterfall Bubinga which was too busy for my liking nor other Bubingas which I found a tad understated. The October 2004 ( Iowa show winners ) were my reference point and Jim found a veneer that was similar, and as it turned out, even better in my opinion.  In other words, with the baffle choice finally decided and the finished pics sent, the HT3's turned out exactly as I had wanted.   I have emailed the pics to several audio friends of mine ( and non-audio friends ) and they are all blown away by the finish. 

I take pride in owning the first pair of Veracity HT3's to come to Australia and when I am all set up ( currently about to install four dedicated lines with Oyaide R1 outlets and P004/C004 Beryllium plugs and IEC's on AC cords ) I will introduce the HT3's to  Australian audiophiles via the Brisbane audio club ( from which news travels fast on the audio grapevine ). However still some time before the HT3's arrive.  Now if they sound as good as they look, they should make some waves downunder  ! 

yooper

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2007, 12:42 am »
Congrats!  :thumb:

While I'm sure the wait is going to be hard, I know it will be worth the it.

Be sure to keep us posted, especially when your Brisbane audio club listeners have a listen.

Mark