BryFi, Missing Albums and Missing Art

rhart

BryFi, Missing Albums and Missing Art
« on: 19 Dec 2018, 10:39 pm »
I have my music files on a USB hard drive connected to my BryFi. Not all the albums show up when browsing through the ARTISTS or ALBUMS option. I can, however, see and play the missing albums if I browse directly from "MUSIC LIBRARY" and go to the USB drive. Thoughts?

Also, when browsing ARTISTS or ALBUMS, there is no cover art. The cover art only appears when browsing ARTISTS and then selecting individual albums. Is this a glitch or am I expecting too much?

Thanks...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BryFi, Missing Albums and Missing Art
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2018, 08:09 pm »
Hi rhart

From Engineering:

Hi James,

I wonder if the is on-line or in Hotspot mode?  It seems it can pull art in off the internet.

Thanks

Ian

Subject: RE: BryFi Question

Hi James

Technically an artist will not have cover art associated with it since you might have multiple albums tagged to that artist.

However, I believe our system will pull an image from the internet. I just tried it with my USB drive and I have photos show up for all artists on the drive, even though those images are not local on the USB drive.

For album artwork each album folder must have the cover art image included as folder.jpg or all songs within the album tagged with the cover art.

Thanks
Andrew

rhart

Re: BryFi, Missing Albums and Missing Art
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2018, 09:59 pm »
Thanks for the response, James.

Each album folder has the cover art file and each song is tagged with the cover art. It's really not a big deal I suppose. I'll try to tinker with it some more.