BePure2s for Sale

DFpritchard

BePure2s for Sale
« on: 4 Aug 2023, 11:39 pm »
I am selling my Salk BePure2s in Harborica Grey.  Best speaker I have ever owned, though not nearly the most expensive.  I purchased the BePure2s as a demo pair that Jim had used at the 2022 Pacific Audiofest show about a year ago.  Condition wise, they are as I received them from Salk Sound last September.  I am using the BePure2s with IsoAcoustics Gaia II speaker isolators ($598 for two sets of 4) and Gaia carpet spikes ($120).  These were a big improvement over the regular spikes supplied with the speakers.  That's more a comment on the floor in my listening room than an indictment of the spikes.  Price for the BePure2s with the Gaia II + carpet spikes is $6500.  Subtract $300 if you do not want or need the Gaia II feet and carpet spikes.  I am in Raleigh NC and willing to deliver or meet up anywhere within 200 miles (or so).  I have all the original packing but prefer not to ship them, due to previous experiences with FedEx.  Jim has pictures of these speakers on his website.  The grey Harborica looks fantastic, subtle and elegant (I think).  I will try to post additional pictures, as well. 

?id=255398[/img]

DFpritchard

Re: BePure2s for Sale
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2023, 10:13 pm »
Several folks have contacted me asking why I am selling the BePure2s.  The reason is simple: Over the past 12 months, my hearing has deteriorated to the point where the magic of the BePure2s is lost on me.  Part of this is age related, part is prior bad acts (too many loud concerts) but I also think covid played a role.  I stand by my assessment that these are the best speakers I have ever owned.  Better than the Harbeths, the far more expensive Sonus Faber Amatis or any of the other 'brand name' speakers.  I will replace them with something that will be a real downgrade.

Not looking for sympathy; shit happens to everybody.  Just providing an explanation. 

lewdogg

« Reply #2 on: 9 Aug 2023, 08:58 pm »
Bummer on the hearing. Great chance for someone to pick them up at a great price. If I didn't have a pair on order I'd be buying these. GLWS!

DFpritchard

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2023, 05:58 pm »
Sold my BePure2s yesterday.  Already miss them but glad they are going to a nice new home.  Thanks to everyone who reached out and/or read my post.

Enjoy the music, all.