Are there any DIABLO II fans around here?

Bemopti123

« on: 16 Apr 2006, 03:28 am »
I bought this game maybe 4 years ago and have not played it much.  Just loaded it to my XP machine and I thought it was fun....although it sucks to die and having to return to town over and over again.

Any fans of the Diablo series here?

PS:  I must be a Blizzard Inc junkie, most of my PC or Apple games are that, Blizzard made.

Figo

« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2006, 03:43 am »
That game took over my life for about 2.5 years.
I had to physically destroy the disk to stop playing.
I guess you could say I was a fan?  :lol:

Seriously though.. it was probably the greatest game ever when it was popular and before all the cheating started.

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Diablo II
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2006, 01:23 pm »
Yep level 90+ wizard at least 2.5 years gave disk to brother lol defintly one of the best games ever would kill for a Diablo 3

nathan_klassen

Re: Diablo II
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2006, 04:50 pm »
Quote from: ecramer
Yep level 90+ wizard at least 2.5 years gave disk to brother lol defintly one of the best games ever would kill for a Diablo 3

One of the early previous of the expansion for World of Warcraft had some information on Diablo 3 but I can't find it anymore :\ Anyways the main thing was that it is likely it would be a MMO if so.. there goes another 2 years of my life lol.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2006, 04:49 am »
I spent untold thousands of hours on the original Diablo for the PSX.  Man I love that game!  I still play it to this day!  But I haven't really played D2, although my brother has it.

Woodsea

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2006, 07:38 am »
Great game.  I am also a huge fan of Blizzard.

byteme

« Reply #6 on: 17 Apr 2006, 01:12 pm »
Oh, man yes!  As with the others it ate up many hours of my life after it came out and then again after the add on came out.  I took a necromancer and a barbarian up into the 80's if I remember right.  Every once and a while I'll take it along with me when I travel and stay up WAY to too late playing it.  At the time of this I was also heavy into Age of Empires II.  I know Age III is out but the only PC game I'd buy now would be Diablo III.  What a great game!

Folsom

Re: Are there any DIABLO II fans around here?
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2006, 06:02 am »
The expansion SUCKED though... It ruined the game. I spent more than enough time. I liked how you could "build" a character in Diablo 2.

Thump553

Re: Are there any DIABLO II fans around here?
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2006, 08:47 pm »
I was seriously addicted to both D1 and D2.  For D2 I got involved in a very nice legit community (www.theamazonbasin.com) but finally gave up the game cold turkey in Dec. '05.  My son still plays.  For laughs I took up D1 again this spring but hardly anyone plays it, and those that do almost all cheat.  I got my wizard up to approximately one game from maximum (level 50) a few weeks ago but haven't picked it up since then.

Most of the programmers from Diablo II left Blizarrd and are now working on a game called Hellgate London.  That should be out later this year and I am really looking forward to it.