Some beautiful wood options for Musica Bella products

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
We wanted to do some more exotic chassis for RMAF but there simply was not enough time. The first picture below shows the two Purity Extreme preamps heading to Denver right now.

Below them are a few shots of some beautiful real wood veneers we came across recently that will be available for integration into any of our Musica Bella products. Once I am caught up on modifications and consumer orders for the Purity preamp, I will be building a Purity Extreme for our showroom using the Elm Burl shown below.

Elm Burl over 3/4" Black Walnut hardwood

Waterfall Bubinga over 3/4" solid Bubinga hardwood

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Some beautiful wood options for Musica Bella products
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2008, 04:40 pm »
Very nice looking choices Bill.

Best of luck with the new line.

If it is on par or better than your previous work, it will sound incredible!

George

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2008, 07:38 pm »
Thanks George,
 The Musica Bella line is being design to go above and beyond anything that has previously gone out our doors. These are ground up designs that have been in the works for a few years now.

The Purity products (preamp, mono blocs and stereo amp) are voiced slightly different as compared to our previous products. They do not exhibit the warmer, rich sound but more articulate and 'pure'. We went with a very wide bandwith on these products so there is much more presence at the frequency extremes. These products were design to be a true reference product.

The Musicale and Perfetto preamps are a bit warmer but still retain exceptional resolutions and transparency.

The Musica Bella phono stage is still being voiced. Right now is is somewhere between the Purity and Musicale in regard to sonic signature.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2008, 02:04 pm »
Just a note that the sample pictures above were not taken from the 'net'. They are pictures of actual veneer/figuring we have in stock.

For those woodworkers here, I think you already know how difficult burls are to work with. Orders for product using burl veneers will have an additional cost and sligtly extended turn around time.

We also have some beautiful Walnut burl coming in.

The Waterfall Bubinga has much more figuring than the small picture above indicates. I just need to get a picture covering more surface area.