Amp biasing again...

cementhead

Re: Amp biasing again...
« Reply #60 on: 14 Apr 2017, 09:41 pm »
call Klaus on the monos. you cannot cross the leads inside between the boards. VERY important! He sent the instructions, It took a little figuring out, But I got it.

germay0653

« Reply #61 on: 15 Apr 2017, 03:10 pm »
The instructions I've given to all were for the monos.  The stereo and mono implementations essentially use the same board.  Mono's are just bridged but you still have to adjust both sides of the board regardless.

I got them from Nicholas Bedworth, who got them from Klaus and Nicholas reviewed the Kismet in Stratos cases on 6moons when they came out.

keven1031

« Reply #62 on: 16 Apr 2017, 11:08 am »
Hey Germay,

I'm a new owner of a pair of used Kismet in Stratos Monoblocks. I've had them about a week and they're settling in nicely. Not sure of the breakin period for them but am expecting improvements over the next few months. I'd appreciate more info on the biasing procedure....being able to check the current bias and (down the road) have the ability to tweak will be great.

Thanks,
Keven

johnzm

« Reply #63 on: 5 May 2017, 12:54 am »
can someone post up the information or pm me on biasing the monoblocks? i followed the stereo instructions and im pretty sure i didnt do it right as i only turned one of the adjusters.

Lincnabby

• 520-548-8156
« Reply #64 on: 8 May 2017, 11:18 pm »
Hi Germay0653,
I know you've PM'd several folks already, but would you please send the biasing instuctions to one more person? I just bought a used stereo version of the Kismet in a Khartago case. At this point it does not sound so great, so I'm hoping biasing will help. I've only had it for a couple of days, but have had it plugged in 24/7. Hoping it needs to settle down and recharge caps wise, but I'm guessing the bias is off too, as it sounds very weird- super bassy one day, very clinical and analytical the next, with very shallow soundstage.

Thanks so much for help!
Lincoln

eartho

« Reply #65 on: 3 Jun 2017, 06:26 pm »
Hi all, i've very recently picked up an older used Stratos Stereo and would love to be able to check and adjust the bias. If anyone has the instructions they could pass my way, i'd greatly appreciate. Thank you.

deadhead

« Reply #66 on: 10 Jun 2017, 11:38 am »
I'm new here and just purchased a Khartago stereo amp.  Klaus sent me instructions but I believe they're for someone who has an understanding of where and what to adjust.  Does someone have a step by step, possibly with pictures, of how to do this?  I have a multimeter, what other tools will I need? 

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #67 on: 15 Jun 2017, 12:10 am »
Will guide Jeff over the phone.......

khoadk2193

« Reply #68 on: 22 Jun 2017, 02:17 am »
Hi Germany,

Can i have the bias instruction for khartago stereo? My email is khuongdaikhoa@hotmail.com. I really appreciate it. Thank you :D

deadhead

« Reply #69 on: 29 Jun 2017, 02:39 pm »
Spent 20 minutes Tuesday night with Klaus biasing my Khartago.  Right away the bass, treble, and mids fell into their proper place.  After 36 hours the bass has extended and tightened up nicely.  Very happy with the sound.

Thanks to Klaus for excellent customer service and his patience with my questions.

Stablemate

« Reply #70 on: 3 Jul 2017, 06:43 pm »
Requesting instructions too, please. Thanks!

germay0653

« Reply #71 on: 6 Jul 2017, 02:12 am »
PM sent Stablemate!

A_shah

« Reply #72 on: 7 Aug 2017, 01:37 am »
Can some one please explain to me why we need to bias the amplifier ? all I hear is how do it what milivolts it should be ?
for instance I have a kismet/Stratos amp. which has been biased at at 122 Volts it's fully broken in by now and sounds very good , but using "kill a watt meter "I see that the fluctuation on my outlet  seems to range in the morning from 115 volts to 121.7 averaging at about 118.7 volts most of the time  should I now re bias the amplifier? or  just leave it  the way it is because I am very happy with the way it sounds right now .

Vunce

« Reply #73 on: 2 Sep 2017, 02:15 am »
Germay,
I also request Stratos bias procedure:-)
Thank you,
Vinny

Golden Ears

« Reply #74 on: 10 Dec 2017, 06:15 pm »
I have Odyssey Kismets in Stratos cases , double symphonic line caps, big transformers  Klaus walked me through the bias procedure once before but I hate to bother him again

Anyone have photos of the bias procedure. It makes a huge difference in the sound of the amps.

loki1957

« Reply #75 on: 10 Dec 2017, 07:29 pm »
Could I get directions as well. I've had my Kismets for years and have never biased them. I can't believe they can sound much better.
Thanks, John

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #76 on: 20 Dec 2017, 11:04 pm »
Hi Germany,

Can I have the bias instruction for Stratos stereo extreme?  It's about 7 years old, I'm the second owner since last week and it sounds good to me but I'd like to check the bias.

Your assistance is much appreciated!

Thank you,
Jeff

:thumb:

deadhead

« Reply #77 on: 20 Dec 2017, 11:33 pm »
Someone needs to post a YouTube video

Longandstraight

« Reply #78 on: 22 Dec 2017, 12:02 am »
I sure would like the instructions also. Just bought a pair of 3 yr old Kismets in Stratos cases. Sounds even better after the upgrade to WBT  705 Nexgen speaker posts and 0210  Nexgen rca inputs.  Just like them to be the best they can be !! 
Thanks Russ

daven3871

« Reply #79 on: 4 Feb 2018, 04:25 pm »
Hi Germany

Would gladly appreciate instructions for a Khartago extreme stereo. Bigshotclark@gmail.com  TIA