How to enable 24/96 playback on Mac Mini using iTune?

zoltm2001

Dear computer audiophiles,

I have downloaded some WAV file from www.metaxas.com. It's known to be encode in 24/96 format. I played it in iTune and from the "Get Info" I can see that it's being mentioned as 24/96.

However, when I connect the miniToslink from my latest gen Mac Min to a Berningher Ultramatch Pro 24/96 DAC, it does not shown as 24/96 but 44.1.

I wonder where is the broken link? Is the miniTos link output from Mac not 24/96 or the DAC has problem taking 24/96 input?

I would like to get some ideas from the group.

Thx.

indirstr8s

Re: How to enable 24/96 playback on Mac Mini using iTune?
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2009, 11:59 am »

Go to applications folder. Inside you will find the utilities folder. Enter into utilities folder. Find the audio midi setup utility. Invoke it.

Select the USB device in the "Properties For" tab. Adjust the sample size and rate in the audio output section. Also make sure that the Default output tab selects the USB device.

Sanjay

audioengr

Re: How to enable 24/96 playback on Mac Mini using iTune?
« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2009, 06:55 pm »

Go to applications folder. Inside you will find the utilities folder. Enter into utilities folder. Find the audio midi setup utility. Invoke it.

Select the USB device in the "Properties For" tab. Adjust the sample size and rate in the audio output section. Also make sure that the Default output tab selects the USB device.

Sanjay

You may have to select the device (highlight it) and then right click and go to advanced properties and then set 24/96.

Steve N.