Natural gas fire pit and paver patio

vinyl_lady

Natural gas fire pit and paver patio
« on: 17 Jul 2011, 06:02 am »
I had Legacy Landscapes install a paver patio and natural gas fire pit in my back yard this summer. The large seating boulders are basalt. Lots of neat new space for entertaining, backyard BBQ's etc. Outdoor speakers mounted on the back of the house facing the deck fill the back yard with tunes. :dance:

This view is from my deck with existing water feature to the back right. Yard has been hydroseeded and I need to find time to complete the landscaping behind the boulders.

During construction looking west to east. The grape arbor over the concrete patio hosts seedless Concord Grapes--great for eating and making jam.

All ready for a party. :rock:

Laura

2bigears

Re: Natural gas fire pit and paver patio
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2011, 06:35 am »
 :D very nice,  we will bring the vinyl and beer .... r u ready for a party ?? :D

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2011, 11:42 am »
Road trip!!

Looks fantastic.  I have a similar idea in mind for my deck area next year although I don't have as much space.  I love the idea of sitting on the stones. :beer:

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2011, 11:44 am »
Sorry for the dumb question, but it's only for heating and not cooking?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2011, 01:50 pm »
Looks great Laura. Nice place to just hang out.

Bryan

vinyl_lady

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2011, 02:21 pm »
Thanks everyone. It really completes the back yard.

The fire pit is for heating--taking the chill out of the evening air. It will extend the use of my outdoor living space into the mid/late fall and allow earlier use in the spring. I suppose one could roast marshmellows but it could get quite messy.

A dedication party is only about a month away. My house was built in 1911 so I am having a centennial celebration over the labor Day weekend :beer: :rock: :banana piano: Let me know if you are going to be in the area.

John151

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm »
Very nice.  Love the boulders to sit on, and the pattern in the brick is really a nice touch. 

ctviggen

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2011, 10:44 pm »
It looks fantastic.  But what I want to know is, where are the hidden "rock" speakers?  ;-)

vinyl_lady

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2011, 04:54 pm »
Thanks John151. We got to enjoy it Saturday night as it was unusually cool that evening.

No "rock" speakers, but there are outdoor speakers mounted on the back side of the house above the deck.

Laura