Tyson's Best of RMAF 2018

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Re: Tyson's Best of RMAF 2018
« Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2018, 07:21 pm »
Debra's ears are much better than mine, and I don't mind admitting it after my several prior denials (not a river in Egypt!)  :duh:

Personally, I think what inspires Duke the most are rides in the Texas country air on that beautiful motorcycle upon which he sits in his avatar image.  :lol:

vinyl_lady

« Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2018, 07:50 pm »
Thanks Tyson! I really enjoyed reading your coverage of the show. This was only the second show I've missed since 2005 and you made me feel like I was there (except for getting to spend time with you, Pez, Wayne and all the great audio folks that descend on RMAF). Well done.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2018, 07:58 pm »
Thanks Tyson! I really enjoyed reading your coverage of the show. This was only the second show I've missed since 2005 and you made me feel like I was there (except for getting to spend time with you, Pez, Wayne and all the great audio folks that descend on RMAF). Well done.

Thanks Laura!  You were missed :(

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #23 on: 15 Oct 2018, 09:27 pm »
Andrew Quint of The Absolute Sound selected the Von Schweikert / VAC room as his Best Sound (Cost no Object) room.   It featured the Von Schweikert Ultra 9 loudspeakers ($200K) powered by a VAC Statement 450 iQ integrated amp ($150K) with Esoteric Grandioso digital sources.  Quint brought in 5 of his favorite CDs to compare rooms.