Blade Runner!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Blade Runner!
« on: 6 Jan 2003, 01:04 am »
Finally got to watch some of this DVD last night. It was great to be able to replay certain scenes which were a little hard to follow!

Incredible special effects and great film noir atmosphere.  To me this is the Granddaddy of the genre.

The directors cut is definitely different - Don't know which I like best yet

(I compare it to Brazil also, with the Rube Goldberg-like pupil measuring device which seems a little low tech to me.)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Blade Runner!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2003, 01:14 am »
I loved Blade Runner.  Being a big SciFi fan I bought the directors cut when it was first released on DVD.  Only problem is that the picture and sound really aren't up to par.  But, it's an older film, and even the uneven technical quality doesn't offset the superb quality of the  movie itself.

bubba966

Blade Runner!
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2003, 10:06 am »
I believe there's currently 3 cuts of BR. I've got the 2 theatrical cuts on LD & the director's cut on DVD.

I personally prefer the European theatrical cut the best of the 3. But I'm not that really a big fan of it. I think watching it for the first time only 2 years ago killed it for me as it wasn't "new" to me. I'd seen it all in other games/movies first. If I'd seen BR first I'm sure it would've had a much greater impact on me.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Blade Runner!
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2003, 02:04 am »
Yeah its hard to realize how many movies have used Blade Runner as the Standard - the opening scenes are amazing and the city street scenes so real.

It would be neat to watch the significant scifi movies in chronological order to see how one was influenced by the other...anyone want to make a list?