Cap fest 2023

klaus@odyssey

Cap fest 2023
« on: 7 Nov 2023, 06:04 am »
OK,  getting ready here to leave tomorrow night....

Capital Audio Fest 2023:

same room
nearly the same system as last time....why change when you have something so ridiculously awesome ???

VPI / Graham / vandenHul
Symphonic Line  phono stage, Erleuchtung preamp,   and CD player
Stratos monos
Liquids

and all Magnan cables as usual

will be magnificent !!!!!!!!!!!!

And yup...will play Santana and Satchmo  ,  especially on special requests

And doubly yuppy,  yes,  will have the candle and special effects lighting again as well...there's a reason why I chose a room without windows

bertdw

Re: Cap fest 2023
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2023, 06:29 pm »
Good luck! Have a safe trip.

qdrone

« Reply #2 on: 7 Nov 2023, 09:45 pm »
Safe travels Hare Bunge,how about a soundtrack by Danny Elfman. Maybe Nightmare before Christmas?

Zuman

« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2023, 01:52 am »
I'm also driving in from Indianapolis...but I'm stopping by to pick up my brother in Allentown, PA, first. We'll attend the show on Saturday afternoon and Sunday, then I'll go back to Allentown to stay with him for a few days.
We'll make sure to stop by and say hello.

tparm

« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2023, 04:23 pm »
An hour away!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2023, 01:30 am »
Klaus,

How was the show?

Hopefully we will get to hang out again.

George

putz

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2023, 12:48 am »

Here's the Odyssey room at CAF. One of the best rooms at the show. Easily the best room at this price point. Pete Seeger CD sounded amazing. Love in Vain, Rolling Stones, Stripped LP I brought sounded even better. Every time Klaus turned the lights on, the room was overflowing. Expect a call from me shortly.

Hopefully Klaus can share with us how these particular speakers made it into the room.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #7 on: 21 Nov 2023, 11:09 am »
Thx..and yes,  more problems than usual with bad tubes, rookie mistakes on my side,  severe falls off the chair when mounting the cloth, a troubled tonearm lift,  and virtually no sleep at all......Thursday was just not good sounding at all....changed Stratos amps Th. night and tweaked until 4.30 pm Friday morning,  and voila,  magic finally showed up.

All in all it was a good show.  Not great,  but quite good.