sigma lenses

navi

sigma lenses
« on: 12 Jun 2003, 02:11 pm »
has anyone used sigma lenses on a canon digicams?

'am thinking about getting  the 15-30mm sigma aspherical DG DF
(for digicams)

anybody have anthing positive (or neg.) to say about them?

navi
Melbourne, Aust.

djklmnop

sigma lenses
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2003, 08:13 pm »
From my personal experiences, I've always had a rule of thumb:  Buy Tokina for wide-angle lens, and go for Sigma for telephoto lens.  I owned a Sigma 28-70 f/2.8 EX, but sold it a month later because it gave me horrible artifacts and exhibited huge amounts of image distortion.  I now own the Tokina 28-70 f/2.8 ATX-PRO II, and a Sigma 70-200 f/2.8.  You should definately check out Tokina.

navi

sigma lenses
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2003, 11:38 am »
i ended up getin' the sigma 15-30mm for MY NEW canon 10D.

i found the image quality to be better than the canon 17- 30mm which is twice as much

the sigma had less colour smearing around the edges when compared to the canon

Chops

sigma lenses
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2003, 03:07 pm »
Quote from: navi
i ended up getin' the sigma 15-30mm for MY NEW canon 10D.

i found the image quality to be better than the canon 17- 30mm which is twice as much

the sigma had less colour smearing around the edges when compared to the canon

I find that very, very hard to believe. Even Tamron lenses are known for being better than Sigma or Tokina lenses.

You should have tried the new Canon 17-40 f/4 L lens. It has absolutely no chromatic aberrations or any type of distortion. Not to mention that it's far better than any aftermarket lens. I've used it on the 1Ds, 1D, D60, and D30, and even made a couple 20x30 prints.

I don't see and smearing!

Jay S

sigma lenses
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2004, 01:14 pm »
I took a few photos in a store with the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 (using my 300D/Digital Rebel) and it seemed to do pretty well.  Was not too sold on the Sigma 24-70 f2.8.  The store owner was pushing it pretty hard, including its macro capability.  He took a close-up picture of my 18-55 lens on the counter, and the lettering on the lens was blurred!   :roll:

navi

sigma lenses
« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2004, 01:04 pm »
i bought the sigma...now i regret buying it because i find that i do alsot more shots where a need to put a poloarising filter on the lense ......and i can't do that with the sigma as it only takes rear filters...i wanna sell my sigma lense