Free Subwoofers --- Come and get em!

Kevin Haskins

Free Subwoofers --- Come and get em!
« on: 12 Feb 2008, 04:54 pm »
Ok.... I have about a dozen 12" subs.   These where factory defects of an early production run of EX-12"s.    They have about 25mm x-max and all the parameters came out with a high Qts, in the range of .5-.6 which made them totally unsuitable.    Not to mention the build quality is way below what I wanted to sell.   They should work in large sealed boxes or they would be great for car audio use.

So... here is the deal.   These are FREE, you pay for the shipping and there is absolutely no warranty involved, no support involved nada, nothing zilch!    Don't ask for parameters, help with design, complain about how they work or if they fall apart.

Don't call me!   Email if you want one with your address.   Within the next 7-10 days I'll email back with a shipping amount via UPS GND and you can PayPal the funds.    No other payment methods or transaction methods will be accepted.   No pictures (the cone looks like the current Shiva-X, the motor is black) and if you call me you automatically loose your chance for a free sub.   :lol:

I'm giving these away to clear room in the warehouse but obviously, you get what you pay for and I cannot afford to support them for free.   

Did I say DON'T CALL!   I'm busy as hell so I just don't have time to talk about them.   If you want them they are FREE!   

Midnite Mick

Re: Free Subwoofers --- Come and get em!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2008, 06:03 pm »
You gonna be around....say 12:30 ish, I'll call you.

Thanks,
Mike

PS. how long is the warrantee

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2008, 06:25 pm »
You gonna be around....say 12:30 ish, I'll call you.

Thanks,
Mike

PS. how long is the warrantee

:lol: :lol:   Ok..  I'll be around.   Just call and that will be me on the voice mail.    :D

gitarretyp

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2008, 07:13 pm »
Are these suitable for OB use, ie well vented spider? I know you said not to ask for parameters, but are the drivers at least consistent between one another?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2008, 07:42 pm »
Kevin, I'm pretty well set in the driver department, but just wanted to let you know you're a heckuva guy for doing this. Hopefully these go to "underprivileged audiophiles" that wouldn't be able to afford them otherwise.

You're on my cool list now pal!  aa  :lol:  :wink:

Bob

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2008, 08:47 pm »
Maybe the junior audiophiles could use some.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2008, 01:11 am »
Are these suitable for OB use, ie well vented spider? I know you said not to ask for parameters, but are the drivers at least consistent between one another?

No... they are not a good OB driver because they have too much mechanical noise with travel. 

I don't know how consistent the parameters are because I didn't waste my time measuring a bunch.   

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2008, 01:12 am »
Kevin, I'm pretty well set in the driver department, but just wanted to let you know you're a heckuva guy for doing this. Hopefully these go to "underprivileged audiophiles" that wouldn't be able to afford them otherwise.

You're on my cool list now pal!  aa  :lol:  :wink:

Bob

Nah... I'm a jerk.   I'm just trying to clear space in the warehouse.    I couldn't sell these things.... I don't have any confidence in the build quality so the only solution was throwing them in the dump or giving them away.   :lol:

TomW16

« Reply #8 on: 13 Feb 2008, 03:10 am »
OK, I'm a sucker, I'll pay shipping for two for a home theater application.  I mean, come on, how hard can it be to design a subwoofer without driver parameters?   :lol:

Kevin, I have sent you an email.  Just let me know what the shipping charges would be and I'll forward payment immediately.

Thanks!

Tom

refmedia

« Reply #9 on: 13 Feb 2008, 03:22 am »
 :o DIY'ers should be thrilled :thumb:
Way cool!

TerryO

« Reply #10 on: 13 Feb 2008, 04:12 am »
Ok.... I have about a dozen 12" subs.   These where factory defects of an early production run of EX-12"s.    They have about 25mm x-max and all the parameters came out with a high Qts, in the range of .5-.6 which made them totally unsuitable.    Not to mention the build quality is way below what I wanted to sell.   They should work in large sealed boxes or they would be great for car audio use.

So... here is the deal.   These are FREE, you pay for the shipping and there is absolutely no warranty involved, no support involved nada, nothing zilch!    Don't ask for parameters, help with design, complain about how they work or if they fall apart.

Don't call me!   Email if you want one with your address.   Within the next 7-10 days I'll email back with a shipping amount via UPS GND and you can PayPal the funds.    No other payment methods or transaction methods will be accepted.   No pictures (the cone looks like the current Shiva-X, the motor is black) and if you call me you automatically loose your chance for a free sub.   :lol:

I'm giving these away to clear room in the warehouse but obviously, you get what you pay for and I cannot afford to support them for free.   

Did I say DON'T CALL!   I'm busy as hell so I just don't have time to talk about them.   If you want them they are FREE!   

Mr.Haskins,
I would be willing to pay shipping for 3 of your drivers. This is certainly very generous of you and in return I would consent to listen to some of your favorite music. My address is still the same cellblock.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Update: I have too many projects already, and am asking to have my name removed from the list  :^(
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2008, 12:20 pm by TerryO »

S Clark

« Reply #11 on: 13 Feb 2008, 04:53 am »
Maybe the junior audiophiles could use some.

Yes we could! If there are any left, I know of a couple of the kids that would like to build subwoofers.  Almost all the drivers that we have had donated are tweeters and 5-6.5" mid-woofers.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #12 on: 13 Feb 2008, 02:08 pm »
There's a good project for Junior audiophiles Mr. Clark: You could teach them how to measure T/S parameters. That'd be cool! The "Jr's" could tell the other recipients of the drivers what numbers they're dealing with.
Cool, Cool, Cool!

Bob

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #13 on: 13 Feb 2008, 04:31 pm »
Ok... they are all gone!    I agree, the junior audiophiles should come first.     Let me know where to send them SClark.