28B3 power up options

bgilchrist

28B3 power up options
« on: 27 Sep 2019, 09:51 pm »
I'm hoping for some direction with the triggers on the mono block amps. I just got these and they replace a pair of Class D amps that I used to leave on 24/7 -- but I don't wan't to do that with these.   

I use the 28B3's for both HT and 2 Ch Audio  - so there is no consistent trigger source component that is in play -- my two channel pre amp does not have a trigger out -- my HT pre amp does -- but I don't want it on when playing 2 channel -- my DAC, QNAP Server & Streamer are on 24/7.

Currently - I turn on my 2 ch. pre amp manually -- then turn on both amps manually ------- I tried hooking up the trigger from one SB28 ( output) to the other (input) -- assuming that if I turn on one amp -- it will trigger the other -- but that's not the case -- it seems I have to put a 12 volt signal into the trigger input on the triggering amp -- so it passes this signal onto the other amp --- then I only have to turn one amp on ( what can I say -- I'm lazy ! )

Any idea how I can easily use one SB283 to power up the 2nd ------- is it simply just plugging in a wall wart and supplying 5-12V DC to the input trigger switch of the triggering amp -- then running the output to the input on the other amp and switching it to EXT ? ---------- taking it a step further (I said I was Lazy !) ----  I have a Harmony remote - is there a device that I could use my remote on that will simply pass a 12 volt signal to the amps ( effectively a box that will allow the 28B3 to be powered on with the remote.)

thanks for any help or suggestions 

Bart

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: 28B3 power up options
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2019, 08:45 am »
I'm hoping for some direction with the triggers on the mono block amps. I just got these and they replace a pair of Class D amps that I used to leave on 24/7 -- but I don't wan't to do that with these.   

I use the 28B3's for both HT and 2 Ch Audio  - so there is no consistent trigger source component that is in play -- my two channel pre amp does not have a trigger out -- my HT pre amp does -- but I don't want it on when playing 2 channel -- my DAC, QNAP Server & Streamer are on 24/7.

Currently - I turn on my 2 ch. pre amp manually -- then turn on both amps manually ------- I tried hooking up the trigger from one SB28 ( output) to the other (input) -- assuming that if I turn on one amp -- it will trigger the other -- but that's not the case -- it seems I have to put a 12 volt signal into the trigger input on the triggering amp -- so it passes this signal onto the other amp --- then I only have to turn one amp on ( what can I say -- I'm lazy ! )

Any idea how I can easily use one SB283 to power up the 2nd ------- is it simply just plugging in a wall wart and supplying 5-12V DC to the input trigger switch of the triggering amp -- then running the output to the input on the other amp and switching it to EXT ? ---------- taking it a step further (I said I was Lazy !) ----  I have a Harmony remote - is there a device that I could use my remote on that will simply pass a 12 volt signal to the amps ( effectively a box that will allow the 28B3 to be powered on with the remote.)

thanks for any help or suggestions 

Bart

Hi Bart

I will forward this to Mike Pickett and he will assist.

james