BP-25 tape and line out impedance ?

stonedeaf

BP-25 tape and line out impedance ?
« on: 23 Jun 2019, 05:06 pm »
Right now my BP-25 is being used as a buffer/source switcher to feed a ADC - works fine. But I'm curious as to what the output impedance of the tape out and both balanced and unbalanced line outs is ?

brucek

Re: BP-25 tape and line out impedance ?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2019, 07:56 pm »
Right now my BP-25 is being used as a buffer/source switcher to feed a ADC - works fine. But I'm curious as to what the output impedance of the tape out and both balanced and unbalanced line outs is ?

I downloaded the schematics for the BP-25 provided on the Bryston site, and it would indicate that the output impedance of the tape outs would be 100 ohms and it is buffered, so the source impedance doesn't matter. That's good.

The unbalanced line output impedance looks like 50 ohms, with the balanced, of course, then at 100 ohms, and its output is also buffered, so level changes wouldn't affect that.

This is pretty standard stuff for output impedance's.

brucek

stonedeaf

Re: BP-25 tape and line out impedance ?
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2019, 08:28 pm »
Ya -given the all of three foot long interconnect -this has worked fine and could probably be a whole lot longer without issues. - looked at the print and just wasn't sure what the result was. Mainly - I'm looking at using a different preamp as a buffer/switcher -and wanted a comparison of output impedance to gauge if I was going to be creating problems for myself ( something I have lots of historical experience with or is it a reverse talent for )-: .