Good Class D amplification and Omega speakers are a winning combo

trillo_beat

Hi,

I want to ask if someone has used or is currently  using Wadia 151 powerdac with Omega loudspeakers?  How does that pairing sound like?

Thank you!

seikosha

I've actually got a Wadia powerdac that I've hooked up to my Omegas.  It's okay, but didn't really sound special and bring out the best qualities of the speaker like a good tube amp can.

Magic Robert

Has anyone tried a ClassDAudio (www.classdaudio.com) amp with the Omegas? I have a Studio Mastering Amp that is about to be shifted out of another system and was curious.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Wonder what its the CDA x SDS line difference?

Magic Robert

Documented on web site.  From the FAQ:

What is the difference between CDA and SDS Class D Audio Power amplifiers?
The difference is the SDS Series amplifiers have a balanced XLR input stage (as well as the single ended RCA inputs).  The SDS also has gain control for each channel and also a little better cooling. The sonic difference between the CDA and SDS is very close with the SDS sounding a slightly more open due to the input stage. You would really have to do some side-by-side listening to both to tell the difference.  These are some of the finest sounding audio amplifiers available today.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Thanks, looks nice amps.

TikiGuy

This is not a class D amp but the Magnus Audio MA-200 with the Magnus Audio MP-1000 preamp with the Super XRS is a winning combo.

jMelvin

Hey guys. Obviously there's been some advancement in chip technology over the past couple of years so I thought a thread resurrection was in order.

The Infineon MA12070 chips really caught my eye when they were released and I finally pulled the trigger on an SMSL AO200. This inexpensive integrated has great specs and all the features I was looking for. I'm really pleased with the sound quality paired with my Super 3i's (and DeepHemp 8). Anyone else have any experience with this chip? Or perhaps the TPA3225?

CHenry

This thread is very encouraging. I have just taken the plunge on full-range  speakers with an order to Louis for a pair of Super Alnico Monitors. While I envision them with a modest-powered tube integrated, it is good to read of so many positive experiences with them using Class D solid state amplifiers (which I also have and use.)