Maintenance in Europe

Cyril-fr

Maintenance in Europe
« on: 7 Oct 2006, 02:56 pm »
Hi !
I am living in France and I have the opportunity to purchase Stratos power amps second-hand.
I just wanted to know how european owners of Odyssey stuff manage for the support and maintenance. Distributors told me that equipment has to be sent back to the US. Is it true ?
Thanks for your help,
Cyril

Eduardo AAVM

Re: Maintenance in Europe
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2006, 06:14 pm »
Maybe, I do not  know and do not take it for granted you could get serviced thru representatives in Spain or Denmark if they have already a service technician there. I do not now if Symphonic line in Germany could help

Another way is maybe trying to look for a good repair shop/technician and get support from Klaus, so the technician can work directly under instructions from Odyssey. Any of the options mentioned can save you both a good sum of money.

What is a fact is that regarding service you are alwasy supported by Klaus.

Cyril-fr

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2006, 08:52 pm »
Distributors told me that they could not make repairs (not all of them answered to my questions).
Any european owner who knows the answer or how to repair in Europe (past experience maybe) ?
Cyril

Ferdi

« Reply #3 on: 8 Oct 2006, 02:20 pm »
Well, to begin with, I don't think it is needed all that much so it may be an acceptable risk.

I also think there is at least a sales-guy in Denmark so that's at least Europe.

Finally, the standard answer for such questions is: Call Klaus.

I have a Stratos+ that I'm using in Europe.

Ferdi