Anyone going to Music Matters at Audio Advice?

gprro

Anyone going to Music Matters at Audio Advice?
« on: 6 Nov 2014, 06:56 am »
Looks like there will be some serious equipment this time! And Fremer!  Haha, I do have a question for him though...

bacobits1

Re: Anyone going to Music Matters at Audio Advice?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2014, 10:57 am »
Yes, in Charlotte, coming up quickly in fact.
The huge 60k Logans are to be there.  :o

bernardo

« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2014, 11:46 am »
According to my event notice the ML's are 30K a pair.

bacobits1

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2014, 12:29 pm »
That's all?  :scratch:
Not impressed.  :lol:

gprro

« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2014, 12:31 pm »
Just checked mine, raleigh gets the Neolith... at 80k a pair! We're getting the new top of the line Ayre amp and pre also...

bacobits1

richidoo

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2014, 04:44 pm »
I'll be there

I think the new AR amps (KT150) will be there.

bacobits1

« Reply #7 on: 14 Nov 2014, 01:32 pm »
Music Matters presentation last night in Charlotte.

The KT 150 amp was static not working. Moving it from the Raleigh caused some problem.

How does it sound?
It's probably $140K how do you expect it to sound?
Overkill!

A good time and I thought Fremer was very good.

richidoo

« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2014, 02:17 am »
Hey Den!
That's a damn shame about the GS150. It sounded awesome in Raleigh, the highlight of the show for me. Flimsy junk can't even survive a car trip 100 miles! haha  :P  j/k!   In Raleigh it played with the GS Preamp and CD9 with Aerial 20T, all together very refined. Dave Gordon said the GS150 will cost 18k.

I only heard the Martin Logans through the door, but they sounded HUGE.

What system did Fremer play in Charlotte?  In Raleigh he had Linn Sondek, Vandy Treos, Ayre DAC, don't remember the amp? Great sounding system. Did he play that Larry Young 'Unity' record?  :thumb:

Another highlight for me in Raleigh was the B&W CM10 speakers with their new Classe Sigma electronics. Extremely solid sound, awesome imaging, clear and clean, extended top and bottom. Best class D I've heard yet. Not the best digital source or song choices, but it still left a great impression on me, especially after he said the speakers are only $4k. The electronics, unfortunately, cost a bit more.   :green:

johnvin01

« Reply #9 on: 19 Nov 2014, 10:38 am »
I missed it :cry:

bacobits1

« Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2014, 12:45 pm »
Hey Rich,

Yea you would think the GS150 was at least built robust enough to get it from Raleigh to Charlotte in a small van,
but not. All the AR stuff was beautiful as expected for the $$!!

The Neoliths were actually nothing overwhelming special. There are 2 models I have heard pretty extensively the Theos and another one above that. $4k and 7k respectively that were every bit as satisfying. I can't remember all these model #'s so I quote the prices on all this stuff.
I do think Martin Logans are the best speakers I have heard. It took us till the end of the evening by special request to hear the Noe's because we could not get in there. Funny I walked in and said "what is this near field listening?" The room was maybe 24 X20 and seating was pretty close to them. And in no way were they demoed to show what they can really do. Also interesting these speakers are passive woofers no powered subs on these. They run full range. Oh they were run with the $30k+ Trans parent OPUS speak cables.

Fremer was using a Scout 1.1 with the fat alum platter Grado cartridge, a older MS Phonmena 1 Phono, into a Bryston Integrated and smaller tower B&W towers. Sounded quite good on his demos of recording differences between different issues. It was refreshing because he was using analog vinyl. I'm not a fan of streaming from anything.
No Vandies at this store. A 6k pair of Aerials sounded very nice with 5k cables Transparent again.

They had the Classe' Sigma electronics (4k each) on BIG B&W's 801's? Heard them last time. That I agree was the best digital amp I have ever heard. All made in China. Nice looking square lines on those pieces not like the other Classe' stuff that looks like some kind of Comp. printer. We know Rob Schindler the east coat sales person there for ML so I have been at the store quit a few times . Plus Robby has all the ML Fat stuff with that 6K programmable woofer at his house. Geeze he runs this stuff with Crown ($299) class D Amps. Ummm we bust his balls every chance we get.
Over 30K in Logans with the Sub in his home theater in the living-room. The sub will make your teeth rattle and everything else. Overkill a bit. Rob's nuts, because he can.

Always a good time lots of good food and interesting folks.
They were giving away a Sonos.