Menu's on website nearly impossible

Folsom

Menu's on website nearly impossible
« on: 28 Dec 2015, 02:40 am »
Hi, not trying to be a pain... I emailed about this awhile back. And I figure Klaus gets like 10k PM's a day.

When I hover over say "Products" the menu comes up, if I move my cursor down it goes away. It's unpredictable when it doesn't and I can get the menu to stay. It seemed like at first I had to move it down from the circle next to it.

I use win7 and FireFox. Nothing but the plainest situation.

md92468

Re: Menu's on website nearly impossible
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2015, 03:10 am »
Hi, not trying to be a pain... I emailed about this awhile back. And I figure Klaus gets like 10k PM's a day.

When I hover over say "Products" the menu comes up, if I move my cursor down it goes away. It's unpredictable when it doesn't and I can get the menu to stay. It seemed like at first I had to move it down from the circle next to it.

I use win7 and FireFox. Nothing but the plainest situation.

FWIW, it works fine in IE, FF and Safari on a Mac...

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2015, 03:18 am »
Before I switched over to my Mac Mini, I used FireFox on my PC. I used to experience those disappearing menus, and they drove me crazy. I now use Safari and do not have those issues.

On a side note: It sure would be nice if Klaus could find some time (or another person even?) to update his website with information and pictures.  :D

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2015, 03:44 am »
I figured he'd want to know, given his popularity!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2015, 04:49 am »
Klaus has noted a bunch of times he is behind on getting it updated.  As long as he doesn't put my picture on it, it can be improved :lol:

He finally got some info about his Massiv Racks which are wonderful.  Here is mine:

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2015, 04:50 am »
Not to mention matching speaker stands he did -

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2015, 04:31 pm »
Works fine for me with Firefox on Windows 10. It could be an issue with your device instead of his website.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec 2015, 05:05 pm »
Works fine for me with Firefox on Windows 10. It could be an issue with your device instead of his website.

+1, and fine on my Win 7 laptop too...

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec 2015, 05:09 pm »
Not to mention matching speaker stands he did -

He makes stands too? Those look nice!

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2015, 07:48 pm »
Yes - actually have two pairs of stands (side surrounds and back surrounds where one of the back surrounds sits below a countertop near the kitchen and thus I had him made the stands 4 inches lower) where the top plate is made for the size of the speakers and the same veneer is used on the front of the stands as well as the rack and I picked the veneer based on what my main speakers are constructed of.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2015, 09:45 pm »
Yes - actually have two pairs of stands (side surrounds and back surrounds where one of the back surrounds sits below a countertop near the kitchen and thus I had him made the stands 4 inches lower) where the top plate is made for the size of the speakers and the same veneer is used on the front of the stands as well as the rack and I picked the veneer based on what my main speakers are constructed of.

Phil,
What be them speakers? You must consider them keepers to have matching stands and rack built.
Cheers,
KP

Phil A

« Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2015, 11:41 pm »
Phil,
What be them speakers? You must consider them keepers to have matching stands and rack built.
Cheers,
KP

Ken - Thiel 3.7s which are no longer made. The last flagship speaker designed by Jim Thiel prior to his death. It's also part of integrated AV system (preamp has HT Bypass) that has a 9.2 configuration now plus in ceiling overhead channels for Dolby Atmos which are not as yet in use (perhaps a few more months).

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #12 on: 29 Dec 2015, 12:48 am »
Ken - Thiel 3.7s which are no longer made. The last flagship speaker designed by Jim Thiel prior to his death. It's also part of integrated AV system (preamp has HT Bypass) that has a 9.2 configuration now plus in ceiling overhead channels for Dolby Atmos which are not as yet in use (perhaps a few more months).

Phew! I'm feelin inadequate.

Phil A

« Reply #13 on: 29 Dec 2015, 01:47 am »
Phew! I'm feelin inadequate.

Should not - it's been a long journey.  I started out more into HT in the mid 1990s (of course I had my first audio separates around 1980 but then HT became the rage - but of course I was only 5 in 1980 :green:) and when I moved to VA at the end of 1996 I became friendly with a sales person at a local hi-fi shop and for 6 years I did virtually every set-up and install with him.  When you're routinely walking into homes, many with $100k+ 2-channel systems, and then go home to your nice sounding HT for music it was an eye opener as to what good 2-channel music really sounds like.  So it was an evolutionary process (some of the steps were baby steps and others were with a big gasp that I really spent that much on something) and since I moved about two years ago and only have had the main system up and running a bit over a year in its present state, I'm still tweaking stuff like cabling and room treatments..  I also had access to the store (noted above) after hours (for years) to compare things and also began making interconnects and comparing those as well.

I don't sell things as often as I used to.  I have multiple systems and will generally rotate something to a secondary system and when I've rotated things out of a spare system, I'll often just give them to someone.  For example, have another integrated AV system where I upgraded a receiver to something with Dolby Atmos and then rotated the receiver in there to a guest bedroom and then what was in the guest bedroom to the office system and had a 13-14 year old Sony ES receiver moved out of the office system and just gave it to a friend.  Many moons ago it was my master bedroom receiver and then over the years ended up on a spare computer and then a main computer in the office.  Really not worth selling.  He was thrilled with it.

Here's one spare system with my Odyssey Candela preamp (which is a true audio bargain):

Norman Tracy

« Reply #14 on: 29 Dec 2015, 05:08 am »
As another Industry Participant with a web site in even worse disrepair than OA's I will comment it is good to point out our shortcomings in that regard. Constructive feedback is always a good thing. When considering how harshly to judge Klaus consider that with smaller operations one of the reasons the performance to cost ratio of OA's is so high is where the owner/operator choses to spend his time and capitol resources. Do you want a SOTA web page on your screen or a SOTA amp in your listening room?

Phil A., I cannot let the pics of your Thiel based system go by without saying kudos on having the smarts, taste, and resources to acquire the best of Jim Thiel's work. Having watched his work evolve over the decades as part of the high-end evolving from hi-fi I feel some melancholy at the turn the company has taken since his tragic and premature passing. Seeing the apex of his work in use in your home is wonderful for this hi-fi geek. The 3.7s represent in my opinion a perfected solution to a full range summit-fi speaker. Unlike too many of the present systems chasing the 1%'s $$s the 3.7 achieves the goal without looking like some sci-fi movie prop. At a more reasonable size and price point the coax driver JT developed for the units used as your surround speakers is a real unsung hero. The SCS series always struck me as one of those 'just get these and call it done' products.

Folsom

« Reply #15 on: 29 Dec 2015, 05:35 am »
It's not a harsh criticism, it's a constructive one. I hope others will do the same when I don't know about whatever it is.

The website works aside from that, and doesn't look too bad. I can't speak for it's up-to-date-ness for products.

Norman Tracy

« Reply #16 on: 29 Dec 2015, 05:11 pm »
Folsom, I did not mean to imply your post is harsh. Rather it is constructive feedback that should be welcomed.

The 'harsh' I referred to would be someone who dismisses Odyssey or some other small or niche hi-fi company simply because their web presence is less than state of the art.

Phil A

« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2015, 05:21 pm »

Phil A., I cannot let the pics of your Thiel based system go by without saying kudos on having the smarts, taste, and resources to acquire the best of Jim Thiel's work. Having watched his work evolve over the decades as part of the high-end evolving from hi-fi I feel some melancholy at the turn the company has taken since his tragic and premature passing. Seeing the apex of his work in use in your home is wonderful for this hi-fi geek. The 3.7s represent in my opinion a perfected solution to a full range summit-fi speaker. Unlike too many of the present systems chasing the 1%'s $$s the 3.7 achieves the goal without looking like some sci-fi movie prop. At a more reasonable size and price point the coax driver JT developed for the units used as your surround speakers is a real unsung hero. The SCS series always struck me as one of those 'just get these and call it done' products.

Thank you!  At one point I had SCS2s hung on the wall of the master bedroom in the old house (pic below).  I had one pair as surrounds and got a messed up black ash pair from a friend who got it at an estate sale and stripped those down (a pain) and painted it the wall color and had them in that configuration for a bit.  After a move a couple of years ago, I just stuck them all the main system.  I had Axiom in-ceilings put in (the living room ceiling) several months back and when I get an Atmos capable receiver that room will be done.  I had 7.2s before the 3.7s and much prefer the 3.7s, a whole different animal.

old master bedroom:

V-Fi

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jan 2016, 10:27 pm »
For what it's worth, I was having similar issues with the website. And now it seems fine. I don't know if something changed on the site or if an update on my computer fixed it (I leave them set to auto update).

martinr

« Reply #19 on: 3 Jan 2016, 04:17 pm »
Your home theater system looks (and I'm sure sounds) great Phil.  Congratulations!