STA-9

rustydoglim

Re: STA-9
« Reply #380 on: 23 Jan 2023, 03:38 pm »
STA-9 is the warmest amp in all Nuprime amps; it is suitable for your music preference.

simon740

« Reply #381 on: 23 Jan 2023, 06:53 pm »
STA-9 is the warmest amp in all Nuprime amps; it is suitable for your music preference.

Thank you. I borrowed this combo and will test it with Graham speakers tomorrow.

regards,
Simon

LeonidK

« Reply #382 on: 7 Feb 2023, 08:14 pm »
Hello, I'd like to choose between STA-9 and IDA-8. My current DAC is the amazing SMSL M500 MKII, which provides clean, full-bodied, smooth and detailed tone. I could sell it, go for IDA-8 and save some money, but it's not much in a long run and I wonder, how much I'd miss by going for integrated option. I haven't decided on speakers yet, but they will be either B&W 706 S2 or Kef LS50. BW need a lot of warmth and body on midrange, LS50 are so neutral I don't care, I'd be fine with a little warmth. I'm kinda worried about this harmonic-thing interaction between LS50 and STA-9, but I don't quite understand it. If LS50 are perceived as overly energetic on top then warm, smooth amp like STA-9 should balance it? That's how I understand it. If there really is some weird amplification of treble, then I assume it will hurt even more on super bright BW.

rustydoglim

« Reply #383 on: 10 Feb 2023, 02:53 pm »
Unless you must save space and just want a bookshelf system with IDA-8 for a small room, go for the separate components where you have the flexibility to expand or the power to drive speakers in a bigger room.