Resigning from Music Circle

Mag

Resigning from Music Circle
« on: 17 Dec 2020, 08:00 am »
I'm resigning from Moderator of Music Circle.

I'm tired of worrying about it, with little to no response to topics I post. Time for someone fresh to re-ignite some interest or take in different direction.

Thanks everyone for the opportunity.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Resigning from Music Circle
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2020, 09:12 am »
This sad news, dont understand why you look applause.

Markwatkiss

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2020, 11:55 am »
Because honourable men go the extra mile.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2020, 07:10 pm »
Thank you very much for your service as facilitator, Mag!!!   :beer:
It is greatly appreciated by all the members, even if it's not said often enough.

Please PM me if you have any comments, questions, suggestions on replacement, etc.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about;area=facilitators#resigning-as-facilitator

Thank you!

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2020, 07:33 pm »
Agreed, thank you for doing what I’m sure can be a thankless job. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2020, 09:22 pm »
Mag I have seen that you have done a good job, the mod function is to moderate conflicts between members and create content is in a distant second position, its more in charge of the members than the moderator.
I hope you reconsider your decision to this important circle stay running, without a moderator this circle may be closed as Headphone Circle was.

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2020, 02:57 am »
Mag I have seen that you have done a good job, the mod function is to moderate conflicts between members and create content is in a distant second position, its more in charge of the members than the moderator.
I hope you reconsider your decision to this important circle stay running, without a moderator this circle may be closed as Headphone Circle was.

Well, IIRC I am one of the longest Active Members to this forum. I believe James Tanner was here a short time before me. So I was thinking perhaps I've subtlety been influencing this place for too long and it needs fresh blood, especially in the Music Circle. The Music Circle was the most active Circle, and it's the reason for our hobby. I realize that I'm not up to date with the music scene in the last 20 years. A younger Moderator who is in touch with today's music scene maybe what is needed.

I can go to other Audio sites and get a response but not here. I want this site to be the best, but it is certainly lacking in input even with all the new members.

I dunno, with this Covid-19 I've been stuck at home isolated and I'm going crazy without social input. So I come here for a little social interaction and there is nothing. I'm just a little PO'd.

gonefishin

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2021, 05:24 am »
   The AudioCircle has been my favorite circle for many years now.  But, saying that...I'm barely active in the audioforums anymore.  There may not be alot of activity in the MusicCircle, but I always thought the quality of the activity was quite high.

Thanks for all the work over the years, job well done!

(I did a memberlist search by date joined.  I forgot all about theborg!  Marbles was pretty high up there too ;) https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0 )

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 7 Jan 2021, 09:41 am »
Incredible list, thanks for posting  :thumb:

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jan 2021, 02:47 pm »
Thanks Mag!

I enjoyed my time moderating the Open Baffle forum for the initial 10 years of that circle but eventually stepped away too.  I understand the journey.

Enjoy the tunes my friend!

SET Man

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2021, 11:49 pm »
Hey!

Thanks Mag. I think the AC now is not as active as it used to be a few years back. I myself don't hang around and post much here also. Anyway, thanks for looking over the Music Circle, I do like to see what others are listening to and talk about. After it is all about music isn't it?

Buddy 

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2021, 01:44 am »
Thanks Mag  :thumb:  Like Buddy & gonefishin not here as much as I used to be, though I do look in often and read a few of the threads. Everything changes with time, the activity here is not immune to that. As Mod you've done a stellar job, and will be missed.

Keep 'em spinning, and enjoy the music Sir.

JD

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jan 2021, 03:54 am »
Thanks Mag  :thumb:  Like Buddy & gonefishin not here as much as I used to be, though I do look in often and read a few of the threads. Everything changes with time, the activity here is not immune to that. As Mod you've done a stellar job, and will be missed.

Keep 'em spinning, and enjoy the music Sir.

JD

+1! :thumb:

jjss49

« Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2021, 04:50 am »
Hey!

Thanks Mag. I think the AC now is not as active as it used to be a few years back. I myself don't hang around and post much here also. Anyway, thanks for looking over the Music Circle, I do like to see what others are listening to and talk about. After it is all about music isn't it?

Buddy

curious to hear thoughts as to whether this is true, and why...

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #14 on: 13 Jan 2021, 03:36 pm »
Thank you Mags for all you have done!

I'll leave you with this.

« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2021, 04:55 pm by Bill O'Connell »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #15 on: 13 Jan 2021, 05:14 pm »

curious to hear thoughts as to whether this is true, and why...

It may not be less active, but as is always true of blogs, long time members that we have built relationships with go by the wayside, and the place becomes less meaningful to us.  I've notice it also. 

Mag

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jan 2021, 07:22 pm »
I'm still here until somebody volunteers to take over the Music Circle.
My heart is not into it at the moment. Partly due to Covid-19, think I have gone crazy.

Watching lots of documentaries that I have, playing Civilization V and F1 2020 and listen to music, in effort to stay sane.
Music has taken a back seat mainly due to having played my playlist a million times. Listening to Trance lately on Stingray website, some really good stuff as far as Trance goes.

jcsperson

« Reply #17 on: 13 Jan 2021, 08:19 pm »
Music has taken a back seat mainly due to having played my playlist a million times.

My experience has been the opposite. Between COVID and retirement, I have time like I haven't had since I was in diapers. I'm listening to things I never really listened to before.

Mag

« Reply #18 on: 13 Jan 2021, 08:54 pm »
My experience has been the opposite. Between COVID and retirement, I have time like I haven't had since I was in diapers. I'm listening to things I never really listened to before.

I would be having a great time if I wasn't worried about going bankrupt. That means losing my stereo.
I'm on Leave from work due to Covid, still trying to get EI. Applied for Canada Post delivery driver for which I have plenty of experience, see how that goes.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jan 2021, 09:44 pm »
Between COVID and retirement, I have time like I haven't had since I was in diapers.

Best comment of the day! a thank you for that!