Blue jeans cable are big value

uncola

Re: Blue jeans cable are big value
« Reply #20 on: 17 Nov 2018, 09:36 am »
I second the Ghent audio cable site.  When I can't get it from BJC I tend to get it from there.  Very high quality and more options in connector etc there.  Just have to be ok with it taking a couple weeks to arrive from china. 

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #21 on: 17 Nov 2018, 02:59 pm »
Perhaps those folks that sell cables and have a spot here on AC could help out... :popcorn:

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #22 on: 17 Nov 2018, 03:10 pm »
It looks like when dealing with Ghent Audio, you have to study just what you are ordering. Not much info, so you have to do your own due diligence. While some of their cables are good choices, others are poor choices.

Bob2

« Reply #23 on: 20 Nov 2018, 02:26 am »
So after seeing the lack of response by those that sell cables and IC's here on AC I have to wonder what the problem is......
Are they afraid their cables aren't up to the task?
I wouldn't purchase cables of any kind from those purveyors if they aren't willing to put up what they say are superior tgo prove their claims..
How about that? What's the problem?

Folsom

« Reply #24 on: 20 Nov 2018, 04:42 am »
I don’t know about Ghent audio for sure, but they look better. If their RCA ends don’t trash your jacks, they can’t possibly sound worse than BJC.

gefski

« Reply #25 on: 20 Nov 2018, 05:32 am »
In keeping with the thread title, I recently (again) needed some cables, this time Cat6a Ethernet. In short, I got from BJC nicely built cables that perform very well, reasonable price, and instant shipping. So I agree completely.

However, not every cable in my system is BJC, and though I don't think cable differences are "staggering", I think investigating cable performance in one's system is worthwhile.

I'll also add that BJC has terrific and informative info on cables of all types in the articles on their site.

wushuliu

« Reply #26 on: 20 Nov 2018, 05:40 am »
I'm pretty sure Amazon's Cat6 cables are made by BJC. Exact same build and feel, and BJC is also based in Seattle area.

OzarkTom

« Reply #27 on: 20 Nov 2018, 11:12 am »
Add Virtue Audio to the list of great value. The best low cost cables I ever heard. Quality of construction is very nice. Here is their website. Virtue was a former AC sponsor. They won a MOJO award for best value of cables.

http://store.virtueaudio.com/category-s/76.htm

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #28 on: 20 Nov 2018, 11:41 am »
So after seeing the lack of response by those that sell cables and IC's here on AC I have to wonder what the problem is......
Are they afraid their cables aren't up to the task?
I wouldn't purchase cables of any kind from those purveyors if they aren't willing to put up what they say are superior tgo prove their claims..
How about that? What's the problem?

They are prevented from promoting their products on the community circles by site guidelines.  They can make generic comments about audio topics, but any promotion gets them in trouble so they are acting responsibly by not replying to your challenge.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #29 on: 20 Nov 2018, 12:24 pm »
Belden is a very upright cable manufacturer.  Recommend everyone get educated on cable basics.  Belden closely follow those basic engineering concepts and very little else.  Like BJC they do it as sane pricing.  Very C&C. 

Warning beyond C&C range:  Big news is that Belden has developed a very up scale RCA/XLR/speaker cable called Iconoclast.  The key is the geometry, comes in three different materials.  BJC is in the process of selling Iconoclast Generation 1 (digital and analog) and the reportedly even more expensive Generation II (analog only, very limited details available).  They have hired two former key Belden guys to head up sales/service for these out of character cables.  Example of pricing: 10ft plus 15ft of XLR in the cheapest Generation I runs $1300 USD.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #30 on: 20 Nov 2018, 01:33 pm »
With one exception, Belden is one of the best cable manufactures in the world. The leader in developing high tech cables.
The exception is the 'Iconoclast' series! This series is a good example of snake-oil marketing.

Bob2

« Reply #31 on: 20 Nov 2018, 02:16 pm »
They are prevented from promoting their products on the community circles by site guidelines.  They can make generic comments about audio topics, but any promotion gets them in trouble so they are acting responsibly by not replying to your challenge.
Thanks for that!

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 20 Nov 2018, 02:45 pm »
With one exception, Belden is one of the best cable manufactures in the world. The leader in developing high tech cables.
The exception is the 'Iconoclast' series! This series is a good example of snake-oil marketing.

Sorry Speedskater, but that's a nonsensical statement.  Either Belden is one of the best cable manufacturers in the world or they're snake oil salesman.  You can't have it both ways just because they don't agree with you.  You've touted both them and BJC as the go to gold standard, respectfully, either stand by your statement or say you were wrong.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #33 on: 20 Nov 2018, 08:55 pm »
I just went to the Belden Inc. web page, not a word about Iconoclast products there.
So real Belden cable products remain top shelf.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: 20 Nov 2018, 08:58 pm »
I just went to the Belden Inc. web page, not a word about Iconoclast products there.
That's because they're actually Galen's cable design and company.  BJC is the reseller of them. 

RDavidson

« Reply #35 on: 21 Nov 2018, 04:40 pm »
:popcorn:

wushuliu

« Reply #36 on: 21 Nov 2018, 07:59 pm »

fredgarvin

« Reply #37 on: 4 Dec 2018, 05:21 pm »
Some info on the Iconoclast cables that Blue Jeans are selling. Also white papers.

https://audiobacon.net/2018/12/03/in-the-frying-pan-iconoclast-by-belden-from-blue-jeans-cable/

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #38 on: 4 Dec 2018, 05:58 pm »
And I had thought that Kurt Denke at Blue Jeans Cable was a smart engineer.  He should know better.

richidoo

« Reply #39 on: 4 Dec 2018, 06:52 pm »
My .02,
BLC is the mfg. and distributor of Iconoclast.
All the engineers involved are good engineers.
All the BJC products I've bought and tried over the years are all very high value.
Iconoclast top SCs were by far the highest value of any BJC product I've used, and the most expensive.
Of course cheap is king in this circle, but everybody knows that the cheapest is usually the worst value.