rajacat

• Washington State
Re: Anyone using a password program
« Reply #20 on: 9 Mar 2016, 07:13 pm »
Has anybody used BLUR ?

toddbagwell

« Reply #21 on: 9 Mar 2016, 09:04 pm »
I've been using lastpass and the mobile/premium version for 3 years. I'm a big fan of the random password generation features.

Todd

charmerci

« Reply #22 on: 9 Mar 2016, 11:47 pm »
I've heard that using a short sentence - about 30 (20?) characters (if you can use it as a pw) - is the simplest way. The probablity of that number of possibilities is infinitely high.

pocomo

« Reply #23 on: 12 Mar 2016, 04:47 pm »
Taking the first letters of the words from a favorite phrase (or, for AC members, a favorite lyric) then appending a punctuation mark plus a number is a pretty good way to generate a semi-random password that i easy to remember, works with most sites password rules and is essentially uncrackable by brute force.  So for example 'blackbird singing in the dead of night' generates 'bsitdon#212'.

The issue is that you really should be using a different password with every site you join. You can prepend or append some variation of the sites name ('ac' here or 'am' for amazon etc) to add differentiation.

But it still becomes burdensome to maintain this system with bunch of sites. That's why I use LastPass and fully random passwords.