How to burn Blu-rays

JoshK

How to burn Blu-rays
« on: 21 Feb 2016, 08:37 pm »
That might sound a little too generic, let me be more specific.  I am looking for a nice way to burn BRs to my NAS.  I own this DVDs and BRs of a bunch of concert videos, but I'd like to put them on my NAS so that my media player can play them back easily without having to get up and rummage through my rack for which one I am after.    I am not planning to put any movies up, just concert videos that I've been collecting. 

I am just looking for convenience on ripping, tagging and playback ability.

GentleBender

Re: How to burn Blu-rays
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2016, 10:06 pm »
Try MakeMKV if you have Windows or Mac. Just get it directly from the site to be safe. You can use Handbrake to convert it to MP4 if you need that.  http://www.makemkv.com/download/

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2016, 10:13 pm »
Thanks!  I seems like ripping hasn't evolved much on the relative ease of thing.   I use to rip DVDs to my video server way back and it wasn't easy then either.  Was just hoping it was more turnkey...but I guess I was hoping.   I only want to rip my concert videos for convenience reasons only.   It is just nice to browse your collection for what you want to listen to next on the HT system.

GentleBender

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2016, 10:35 pm »
I find it a little easier than it used to be. If your gear can handle MKV files you don't have to convert them and just use something like iDentify or Subler for Mac to add the artwork and other info. I'm sure there is an option for Windows.

JoshK

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2016, 04:40 pm »
In case anyone is interested.  I ended up purchasing DVDFab which makes it pretty handy.   Now to setup my XBMC android box to play them back in the HT system. 

I realize my thread title was misleading.  I was only interested in copying them to my NAS, not burning them.