need help with Outlook 2007

Nick B

need help with Outlook 2007
« on: 1 Feb 2014, 09:30 pm »
I operate a small business out of my home. I would like to create a template so that I can email new clients the same info. It seems like each time I send an email, the original template (draft) disappears with that email. So what I do is copy and paste the same email over and over into a blank, new email and save it as a draft. How do I save a draft email that I want to use over and over again and easily access it from my Outlook program rather than retrieving it as a saved file in another location? The online methods I've found are too cumbersome.

Thx
Nick

Doublej

Re: need help with Outlook 2007
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2014, 03:32 am »
I can't speak to Outlook 2007 but I have two methods that work with Outlook 2010. Method 1 is to simply ensure that Outlook is configured to save a copy of outgoing messages. When you want to use the message again, click on forward the message, delete the header information that will be put into the body of the message, remove the FW: from the header, change the name in the Dear XXX and you are good to go.

Method 2. Create and save a draft of your email. Open the drafts folder, highlight the message and drag it onto your desktop. You should now have a .msg file on your desktop. Make a copy of it on your desktop. Double click on the copy. It will launch Outlook and open the message to be sent. Fill in the address of the recipient and the XXX in the Dear XXX and hit send.

I am sure there are other probably better ways to do accomplish what you want, but this is what immediately came to mind when I read your post.

nigelnaim

Nick B

Re: need help with Outlook 2007
« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2014, 02:43 am »
Thx guys. Of the 3 suggestions, method 2 worked great for me. I was not able to duplicate the Microsoft help for Outlook 2003 on my Outlook 2007