Amadus sound much better with additional ground wire

roscoeiii

Re: Amadus sound much better with additional ground wire
« Reply #40 on: 10 Nov 2011, 02:50 am »
no worries. I have a buddy who is a former Dyna dealer. He may be able to judge or even better bring over an XX-2 MkII to A/B.

And truthfully, I am less concerned about a "true" Dyna sound than I am better sound than I had before at a price I can afford.

threadkiller

« Reply #41 on: 10 Nov 2011, 05:06 am »
But how do you know it's better? I guess that's what I can't understand.
It's no longer a Dynavector.  Who knows what it is?
Well, at least you have something to use, so enjoy!

roscoeiii

« Reply #42 on: 10 Nov 2011, 05:29 am »
An educated guess that something might be better in my system than what I have now. Like any other audio purchase...

If I am able I will compare it to other non-rebuilt Dyna carts. But if I like it more than what I have now, that is all that matters.

As for who knows what it is? That's clear. It is a SS DV XX2 MkII.

roscoeiii

« Reply #43 on: 10 Nov 2011, 05:30 am »
OK sorry to the OP. We do need to get back on topic in this thread.

threadkiller

« Reply #44 on: 10 Nov 2011, 05:35 am »
Lol what was the initial thread. I forgot...

rayh23a

« Reply #45 on: 5 Dec 2011, 01:18 pm »
By the way, once Dps is in the system. We don't need the gnd wire anymore. The power cable for the DPS makes a different , can not explain , but it works.

threadkiller

« Reply #46 on: 5 Dec 2011, 03:15 pm »
Wait... You still need the standard ground wire off the table, right? There's nothing in the dps to offer a ground.

rayh23a

« Reply #47 on: 6 Dec 2011, 01:36 am »
Yes you still need the standard gnd cable to the phono pre.

threadkiller

« Reply #48 on: 6 Dec 2011, 01:42 am »
Right, I wasn't questioning that- I was making sure you knew that.

So what are you hearing with the Auditorium mat?  No one has found it as you say.  On another thread there is Bernie from ol Vienna commenting on his, which is how we all find it.  Please elaborate if you can.

rayh23a

« Reply #49 on: 6 Dec 2011, 02:20 am »
I found the A23 mat not a good match in my system. I like the open presentation from the oe mat. The A23 Mat gave a richer center fill, but less sound stage . The attack on highs are weaker.

threadkiller

« Reply #50 on: 6 Dec 2011, 02:24 am »
No, something else is going on...the auditorium mat gives more of everything, not less...

You did adjust your vta for the mat, correct?  You cannot leave it at the stock mat setting...

rayh23a

« Reply #51 on: 6 Dec 2011, 02:29 am »
I am going to try it one more time tomorrow night. I hope there is no different version of A23 mat.

threadkiller

« Reply #52 on: 6 Dec 2011, 02:43 am »
No, there's not... Only one.. Make sure the waffle weave print is on top... The smooth goes to the bottom...
Good luck

Plink

« Reply #53 on: 7 Jan 2012, 09:30 pm »
Look at article date... Just remember, those were the first tables out. Doubtful any of yours are even like that...

As for the wallwart and naim, and only naim hum, there is another type of wallwart WTL can furnish...

I bought mine June 2011.

Finally tried some different tube kit equipment here and I indeed do have the ground issue.  It was very hard to hear with my other equipment.  The additional grounding wire eliminates the issue.

Thanks for bringing the issue to light Ray!  Would have never known without your thread as it isn't in my manual.

The early manuals are awful, btw.  Besides missing the grounding issue, the provided protractor to align the headshell isn't even the proper dimensions and the manual doesn't even explain to twist *counterclockwise* for antiskate (kinda important, I'd say).  That said, I am glad to see the Amadeus GT online manual looks to be much improved. 

phoner

« Reply #54 on: 22 Jan 2012, 11:21 am »
what is the difference between the groundwire mod and the mod where you dissolder some grey cable from the board on the wta?

ggkasper

« Reply #55 on: 2 Nov 2012, 10:50 am »
After a few months with the amadeus GTA I just added the additional grounding and it is definetely better. Improoved background detail as said before. The sound seems even more tridimensional now. Amazing and addictive after you try it.