Will the Dact Remote Control work with a 4 deck ELMA

Bequerel

I need to remote control a 23 position switch with four decks. I know that ELMA har this kind of switch, and I think that the DACT is based on an ELMA switch. Using the Dact Remote Control kit with a four deck ELMA switch should be no problem, right?

Thanx!

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2006, 03:23 pm »
Hello!

The Dact version of the Elma has a small tab out the back side. It is this tab that the motor coupling interfaces with so we need this small extension. I know Elma can make the switches this way for customers other than Dact - we have done remotes for Goldpoint - who also have used Elma switches. What I don't know is if this short extension is on all Elma switches - I don't think it is always there since I have seen pictures of Elma's without it.

If we can confirm the motor can get a grip on the switch via that tab then it will work just fine. If you have not yet ordered the switch it may be as simple as getting them from Elma with the "dact shaft lengths'. Goldpoint had offered a while back to offer slightly longer replacement shafts to their own customers wanting to upgrade to remotes. If you e-mail me directly with exactly what your plans  are I will check and see what I can come up with.

Thansk!

John

Bequerel

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2006, 03:35 pm »
Thank you for your quick reply, John! :D

I have a tube preamp on my drawing table, and I got an idea regarding the attenuator and the visualization of the level of attenuation. :wink:

I will get back to you when my plans are a bit "more fixed".

Thanks again!