My Liquids < a month away!

tparm

My Liquids < a month away!
« on: 3 Jan 2023, 03:12 am »
Just sharing my enthusiasm for the prospects of Klaus and crew shipping my Liquids out by the end of the month. I was introduced to the Odyssey gear at CAF and my lovely wife either tired of me talking about the experience in the CAF room or just loves me so much she ordered me a pair for Christmas. Final design touches are being decided on the fly, but basically Monkey Wood front and top with either stained or lacquered black sides and back outlined with the lighter routed edges. Funky!

GentleBender

Re: My Liquids < a month away!
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2023, 10:30 am »
Congratulations! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them. What amps are you using to drive them?

tparm

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2023, 05:24 pm »
Thanks. Right now I am using a Naim Supernait 3 / ND5 XS2 combo. I am looking to sell an investment property and if I do then the electronics are next. I really like the SuperNait but I'm intrigued by the Sonnet Hermes/Pasithea combo for a streamer and DAC. If I go that route I am considering three amplifier options; Klaus's Kismet Reference of course, the Sonnet Kratos monos or my heart strings are tugging me towards a demo model ModWright KWH 225i for a really attractive price. I have always loved those things and feel it would pair very very nicely with the Sonnet pieces and the Liquids.

Yog Sothoth

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2023, 01:05 am »
Very cool!  I can't speak to the Kismets, but I love love love my Stratos.  I don't think you can go wrong with Odyssey, from my subjective sound quality experience and from an objective build perspective!

keenween

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2023, 05:40 am »
I look forward to pictures! I like the wood baffle with black look.

Will this be the 2.5way floorstanding configuration?

qdrone

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2023, 09:16 am »
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. They truly for the money can't be beat. I was listening to Aerosmith Rocks this am and Joe Perry has some tasty licks on Back in the Saddle that I previously never heard. These Liquids are revealing. :thumb:

tparm

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2023, 06:53 pm »
Very cool!  I can't speak to the Kismets, but I love love love my Stratos.  I don't think you can go wrong with Odyssey, from my subjective sound quality experience and from an objective build perspective!

Thanks! I kinda prefer the aesthetic of the Stratos……

tparm

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jan 2023, 06:53 pm »
I look forward to pictures! I like the wood baffle with black look.

Will this be the 2.5way floorstanding configuration?

I look forward to some pics too! Haha, thanks. Yes, 2.5 way three driver model.

tparm

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2023, 06:56 pm »
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. They truly for the money can't be beat. I was listening to Aerosmith Rocks this am and Joe Perry has some tasty licks on Back in the Saddle that I previously never heard. These Liquids are revealing. :thumb:

I’m coming from Cornwall IVs so I understand revealing speakers! Glad you are enjoying yours, looking forward to getting mine, getting them properly placed and burning them in. I ordered brass feet (three with front one slightly shorter) for the speakers, black maple plinths from Butcher Block Audio and am using SVS Soundpath subwoofer feet for the plinths (I had them sitting around from when I had subs). Do you use plinths?

qdrone

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jan 2023, 10:28 pm »
Yes,I bought them from Klaus used, $150 for the pair.

JMW73

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jan 2023, 10:46 pm »
Thanks! I kinda prefer the aesthetic of the Stratos……

Get Kismets built in the Stratos case.  That's what I did.

JCarney

« Reply #11 on: 5 Jan 2023, 04:07 am »
tparm, you gotta post pics when they arrive so we can see the unpacking and set up. As the rule is here, pics or it didn't happen. :lol:

JCarney

tparm

« Reply #12 on: 5 Jan 2023, 09:05 pm »
tparm, you gotta post pics when they arrive so we can see the unpacking and set up. As the rule is here, pics or it didn't happen. :lol:

JCarney
:beer: Yes sir, wanna make sure I am in compliance of the rules! Haha. Thanks for indulging me.

JCarney

« Reply #13 on: 5 Jan 2023, 09:31 pm »
:beer: Yes sir, wanna make sure I am in compliance of the rules! Haha. Thanks for indulging me.

:thumb:

Klaus does nice work, so I'm looking forward to an update from you.

JCarney

tparm

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jan 2023, 04:57 pm »
My plinths await my Liquids.

uncola

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2023, 11:49 pm »
can't wait to hear your impressions of the liquids.  and see how your chosen veneers/woods look

Oostexan

« Reply #16 on: 17 Jan 2023, 01:37 pm »

OK...so love the plinths.  Where did you get those??

tparm

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2023, 06:14 pm »

OK...so love the plinths.  Where did you get those??

Hi @Oostexan, they came from Butcher Block Acoustics. Mapleshade also makes really nice ones, but for my room I liked the black aesthetic. Klaus recommends 4” and these are 3”, but will be fine. I got the brass feet from Eden Sound Audio, super nice people.

tparm

« Reply #18 on: 3 Feb 2023, 08:07 pm »
...little delayed, hopefully finally getting these thing in a week.

qdrone

« Reply #19 on: 3 Feb 2023, 11:07 pm »
There worth the wait.