LOOKS LIKE FAKE VAN ALSTINE GEAR

ceylon

LOOKS LIKE FAKE VAN ALSTINE GEAR
« on: 3 Jun 2022, 11:28 am »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125345203058

under ebay as"VAN ALSTINE STEREO POWER TUBE INTEGRATED AMP"

it sure dont look like any thing frank or his outfit has made or modded.

Rusty Jefferson

Re: LOOKS LIKE FAKE VAN ALSTINE GEAR
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2022, 11:49 am »
 :lol: Hey, isn't that one of those pesky ebay labels? Maybe not. Nobody would do something underhanded like that.

avahifi

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2022, 11:51 am »
It is a fake.

Frank

Wayner

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2022, 11:58 am »
:lol: Hey, isn't that one of those pesky ebay labels? Maybe not. Nobody would do something underhanded like that.

The label maker did not put it on that amplifier.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2022, 12:21 pm »
The label maker did not put it on that amplifier.
Aw, I hadn't considered that.  Well, that makes it okay that he's just an accessory to someone getting ripped off.  :duh:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2022, 05:16 pm »
I wrote to the eBay seller as he had 100% positive feedback and he wrote back and said he pulled the ad down, he heard from Frank as well and thought they were AVA products when he purchased them.

Sparky14

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2022, 07:51 pm »
Definitely a Nobsound amp, somebody stole the Nob.

dB Cooper

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2022, 01:23 am »
The name isn't trademarked?

RDavidson

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2022, 03:35 am »
Aw, I hadn't considered that.  Well, that makes it okay that he's just an accessory to someone getting ripped off.  :duh:

Exactly. And those manufacturers supplying the raw parts, for these counterfeit amplifiers to be made from, are accessories too! Yikes! Where does it end? :duh:

Wayner

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2022, 10:04 am »
The guy that makes the labels (for many, many brands) does a service that I use when I finish a pair of vintage speakers that have missing badges. He is an asset to the audio community and he makes very little money on his badges (usually under $10 with free shipping). He has had one company bitch to him about his labels. Most labels are for speaker brands that are no longer in production.

While many of you are busy pointing the finger at this guy, you yourself better not have any illegally downloaded or copied music in your house. If Frank doesn't want him to make labels, he can easily contact him and have him stop and I'm sure he would. I'm going to buy one for my AVA Insight 170 (in a Dynaco Stereo 120 housing), as my old one is gone.

rcag_ils

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2022, 06:13 pm »
He ended it, probably had been warned.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2022, 06:58 pm »

While many of you are busy pointing the finger at this guy, you yourself better not have any illegally downloaded or copied music in your house.

This makes no sense.  False dichotomy fallacy. 

fredgarvin

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2022, 07:03 pm »
The guy that makes the labels (for many, many brands) does a service that I use when I finish a pair of vintage speakers that have missing badges. He is an asset to the audio community and he makes very little money on his badges (usually under $10 with free shipping). He has had one company bitch to him about his labels. Most labels are for speaker brands that are no longer in production.

While many of you are busy pointing the finger at this guy, you yourself better not have any illegally downloaded or copied music in your house. If Frank doesn't want him to make labels, he can easily contact him and have him stop and I'm sure he would. I'm going to buy one for my AVA Insight 170 (in a Dynaco Stereo 120 housing), as my old one is gone.

Nice.  :thumb:

ceylon

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2022, 07:27 pm »
I wrote to the eBay seller as he had 100% positive feedback and he wrote back and said he pulled the ad down, he heard from Frank as well and thought they were AVA products when he purchased them.

yeah i gave the amp seller a holler before notifying frank. i also wrote the seller who makes the labels.

ceylon

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2022, 07:28 pm »
This makes no sense.  False dichotomy fallacy.

do you mean false equivalence?

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2022, 12:15 am »
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness. - Oscar Wilde.

Of course, "imitation" and "mediocrity" are complete overstatements in this case.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2022, 12:34 am »

do you mean false equivalence?
Yes.  Thanks.  They are close, but not the same.  Regardless, the argument is BS