Selling an old friend

PhotonDon

Selling an old friend
« on: 13 Mar 2022, 02:36 pm »
Downsizing our house for retirement forces me to say goodbye to some audio gear and bicycles (my two hobbies and money pits).Am I allowed to post my Odyssey amp on here to sell?  If not, where have you folks had the best luck? Im accustomed to the auction site and am a member of the 'Gon, but have never sold on that site. It pains me to think of unplugging this guy for the last time.
Thanks for any guidance

Phil A

Re: Selling an old friend
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2022, 02:37 pm »
Downsizing our house for retirement forces me to say goodbye to some audio gear and bicycles (my two hobbies and money pits).Am I allowed to post my Odyssey amp on here to sell?  If not, where have you folks had the best luck? Im accustomed to the auction site and am a member of the 'Gon, but have never sold on that site. It pains me to think of unplugging this guy for the last time.
Thanks for any guidance

People usually both do it here and in the trading post - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=103.0

PhotonDon

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2022, 03:27 pm »
Huh, I never realized there was a trading post on this site.  Odyssey fans will likely see it there. Thanks!

sunnydaze

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2022, 03:38 pm »
I avoid AG if I can.  I always list in the free marketplaces first:

Audiocircle
US Audiomart
Audio Asylum Trader

You should be able to sell any decent semi-well-known gear at those sites.  If it is super fringey / esoteric you may need to resort to AG.  You should have no problem selling Odyssey gear on the free sites.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2022, 03:51 pm »
I avoid AG if I can.  I always list in the free marketplaces first:

Audiocircle
US Audiomart
Audio Asylum Trader

You should be able to sell any decent semi-well-known gear at those sites.  If it is super fringey / esoteric you may need to resort to AG.

Agree 100%.  Haven't used AG in years since their fees have gone way up.  Also made a New Years resolution that I won't pay any more PayPal fees (not to mention PayPal is now issuing 1099s - for the hobbyists it is just a pain - I downloaded my PayPal history so I don't get more of a pain from the IRS).  I sold one thing and using Zelle and agree to PayPal friends and family on another in the past several months.  Have one more thing for sale (probably should bump it) but not in a rush.

PhotonDon

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2022, 05:36 pm »
Fantastic.  Im going to work on that this evening, and perhaps drop a hint on this circle regarding the sale.  Thanks for the hints, fellas

LadyDog

« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2022, 06:09 pm »
Might try Pinkbike for your other vice.

kmmd

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2022, 07:20 pm »
Please be careful when selling on AC.  There are individuals who will try after buy and then be dishonest about malfunction due to shipping.  They will then request a full refund only to make way for another sale from someone else.  Ask me how I know.  Good luck with your sale.

charmerci

« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2022, 01:15 am »
I personally have had zero problems buying and selling on AC for years.