Vancouver BC Bryston dealers or WEalers !

dumanski

Vancouver BC Bryston dealers or WEalers !
« on: 17 Jan 2022, 08:43 pm »
Since it’s mostly indoor activities still here in Vancouver… sitting around positioning the model Ts and dusting off the 7bs noticing the only electronic that is not Bryston is the pre-amp…I’m still using the BAT-VK 42-se which is no slouch weight of 40 lbs lots of stuff inside ! However as an audio tweeker I’m seriously seeking out a in house demo of a BP-26 with power supply. Most of our trusted dealers here and sure around the globe are not dealing, or pre orders. when Gary Dayton was around he even knew the scarcity of dealers.  like commercial electronics who would let us sign out product on a loaner account…I was spoiled !!! But I do believe the demo in house has resulted in the system we enjoy today's my question is should we seek out any dealers in Canada for a deposit to demo or maybe a fellow audio enthusiast would swap pre amps locally for some demo experience, what do you think !

The Rang

Re: Vancouver BC Bryston dealers or WEalers !
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2022, 01:54 am »
Before I bought my BDA3 the dealer let me take their demo home.
Take it home Saturday afternoon, return on Monday (they’re closed Sundays).
(It probably helped that I’d been fdealing with that salesperson for 15+ years).
It sealed the deal being able to hear it in my system.
But that dealer, Hi Fi Centre, no longer carries Bryston.

You could try Ayreborn in South Surrey. Not sure what his policy is but kinda doubt he does demos.
I think Yana in West Van carries the line too.
No harm in asking.

OldNick

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2022, 02:09 am »
Right on the money with Commercial Electronics.  They used to allow take home demos with a credit card, I loved that.  I ended up with Copland electronics via that process.  I miss that level of trust and experience.  I'm not sure a BP-26 would beat your BAT.  Never heard them side by side though..

dumanski

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2022, 06:03 am »
Ah yes, I can give yana and ayrebon a try, thanks. I got this old demo experience one with the great Brian Russel At that time HiFi centre was a Bryston dealer similarly equipment demo but from what I remember the BP-26 had this unique ability to let all of the sound out that discovery has haunted me ever since...who knows it could of been the Scotch !

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2022, 04:52 pm »
Ah yes, I can give yana and ayrebon a try, thanks. I got this old demo experience one with the great Brian Russel At that time HiFi centre was a Bryston dealer similarly equipment demo but from what I remember the BP-26 had this unique ability to let all of the sound out that discovery has haunted me ever since...who knows it could of been the Scotch !
  Yes Yana is a dealer.....nice store. :thumb: