End of an era

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: End of an era
« Reply #20 on: 9 Dec 2021, 02:01 pm »
Dusty,
Thanks for all the great gear along the way!

Good luck with the move to HI and new endeavours!

Best,
Rich

cspersel

« Reply #21 on: 9 Dec 2021, 07:46 pm »
I've known Dusty since grade school and currently live within a few minutes of his office so often stop by to "shoot the breeze" or buy one of his great components. I've been an "audiophile" for most of my life and I can say without hesitation that Dusty's products are some of the best on the planet. I own four of them and they are the backbone of my 2-channel system. I can't imagine needing anything more or different without spending 4x as much .. and that would still not guarantee better performance. I knew this day was coming and was sad to hear of it some months back and REALLY sad now that the day is very near. On the other hand, Dusty deserves a great life in Hawaii and I'll wish him all the best. But .. I'll definitely miss our long talks about audio, music, sports, our old schools and classmates, etc. As George Harrison famously said ... "All things must pass." But .. when one thing stops ... there is space for another to open up. :-)

strateahed

« Reply #22 on: 9 Dec 2021, 11:03 pm »
Dusty, I’m both sad and grateful. Sad to learn that you’re shutting down CI Audio; but grateful for having your D200’s in my system for quite a while. Though we’ve never met in person, you were always an email or phone call away whenever I had any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your contributions to the audio community, and best wishes as you enter this next phase in life.   

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 10 Dec 2021, 04:14 am »
Hi Dusty, you deserve this break... enjoy.

CSI

« Reply #24 on: 10 Dec 2021, 05:50 pm »
After many years and many products I'm still using my C100S amp and my D200's (hand-me-downs from my late father-in-law). Since we now live in the same town (for the next few weeks at least) I will drop in to say goodbye in person. In the meantime, thanks for so many great products Dusty.

Mahalo and Aloha

Bill Organ
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2021, 09:55 pm by CSI »

dminches

« Reply #25 on: 13 Dec 2021, 06:25 pm »
Dusty, I am sorry to hear that external issues have forced you to make this decision.

You have provided many people with tons of great products over the years.  I hope you enjoy whatever it next for you.

CIAudio

« Reply #26 on: 18 Dec 2021, 12:34 pm »
After many years and many products I'm still using my C100S amp and my D200's (hand-me-downs from my late father-in-law). Since we now live in the same town (for the next few weeks at least) I will drop in to say goodbye in person. In the meantime, thanks for so many great products Dusty.

Mahalo and Aloha

Bill Organ

Hey Bill,

Was really nice of you & the wife to stop by yesterday.
I hope you enjoy your C•100S for many years to come!

Mahalo!
-Dusty

vonnie123

« Reply #27 on: 24 Apr 2022, 03:01 am »
I'm the proud owner of several CIA pieces.  Solid build; excellent quality.  End of an era for sure.

Cheytak.408

• Restricted
« Reply #28 on: 24 Apr 2022, 06:28 am »
Damned shame to see the supply chain and "other" issues drive another great small enterprise out of business.

My best wishes and, yes... prayers for you!

Bon chance!

Krod

« Reply #29 on: 25 Jul 2022, 02:43 am »
Hi Dusty,
I hope all is well with you and that you have finally settled in.  We emailed each other at the beginning of this year about my E200S that I was having a problem with.  You said to email you in a couple of months and you would let me know if you had your shop set up yet.  It's been 4 months now and you haven't responded to any of my emails since then.  Again, I hope all is well with you but let me know if you've gotten my emails and if you still plan to continue support.  Thanks.

CIAudio

« Reply #30 on: 30 Jul 2022, 05:06 pm »
I just got the shop set up here as we needed to make repairs/paint the shop before installing everything.
I believe I replied to your email a few days ago... if not, please send me another.

-Dusty
« Last Edit: 6 Aug 2022, 04:16 pm by CIAudio »

Krod

« Reply #31 on: 7 Aug 2022, 01:14 am »
Hi Dusty, I sent you an email through this board day before yesterday. just checking with you to make sure you got it.  thx.

CIAudio

« Reply #32 on: 7 Aug 2022, 06:17 pm »
Not sure... did you get a reply from me?
If not, please re-send.

Dustin

Krod

« Reply #33 on: 7 Aug 2022, 06:58 pm »
Hi Dusty,
I resent an email I sent back in July to both of your email addresses in hopes that it gets through.  We used to communicate fine before but for some reason not anymore.  Please check the usual suspect folders to see if my emails are being misrouted now.  Please let me know if you got it.  Thx

snoogly

« Reply #34 on: 4 Mar 2023, 04:19 am »
Does anyone have reliable contact info for Dusty?

I contacting him via the email address on the ciaudio landing page, but got no reply. I need help with support for an item I bought.

Thank you.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #35 on: 4 Mar 2023, 04:37 am »
Now is friday night, he may reply monday.

snoogly

« Reply #36 on: 4 Mar 2023, 06:05 am »
I wrote a few weeks ago :-( :-(

CIAudio

« Reply #37 on: 26 Mar 2023, 08:25 pm »
Contact us at channelislandlab@gmail.com

snoogly

« Reply #38 on: 26 Mar 2023, 08:54 pm »
I previously tried the address on the ciaudio landing page, but got no reply. Is this a new address? If not, could you check your spam folder for a mail from Richard Hawking?  :wink:

CIAudio

« Reply #39 on: 28 Mar 2023, 08:42 pm »
I emailed a download link to you. Let me know if you need further help.
Sorry for the delay!