Pops and crack from my MCH-K38? Help please!

zingo77

Pops and crack from my MCH-K38? Help please!
« on: 1 Sep 2021, 11:34 am »
Hi,

I get pops and cracks when switching inputs and/or sound mode from my speakers that are connected to the amp? They get louder if I turn the volume up on my Emotiva RMC-1 processor. I have isolated the problem to the MCH-K38 and its through all channels connected. Can anyone point me in the right direction how to fix the problem... it cant be healthy to my Focal speakers.

Best, Erik

John Casler

Re: Pops and crack from my MCH-K38? Help please!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2021, 04:33 pm »
Hi Erik,

From your description it sounds like the noise is from the switching portion of the Emotiva, not the amp.

zingo77

« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2021, 06:24 pm »
That was what I thought to. But there is no pops/cracks from my atmos speakers thats powered by another amp. Only from the speakers connected to the MCH-K38.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2021, 12:39 am »
When you switch inputs or change volume from your AVP and you hear pops and cracks on MCH=K38, for certain that the noise is coming from the AVP.  The fact that the other amp doesn't have noise is because it is not as sensitive.
Pops and cracks by the way will not harm the speaker.  How can that be? It is not logical that unpleasant noise can harm the speaker.

zingo77

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2021, 06:58 am »
Point taken. Will talk to Emotiva how to solv the pops & cracks issue. Thanks for pointing me to the source of the problem. I will receive my new Evolution One´s tomorrow, exited to hear them playing with my Focal Sopra No3! And it would have been a bummer if my MCH-K38 was damaged, have high hopes that they will be a perfect combo for my music/home cinema. Cheers!

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2021, 09:59 pm »
MCH-K38 has 8 channels and is more sensitive to ground noise than stereo amp, so if the AVP and K38 have ground loop noise, try to use a cheater plug (one with no ground) for AVP power cord. It is a long shot, but worth a try.