New to the club

Panamarenko

New to the club
« on: 18 May 2021, 09:01 am »
I made a music streamer based on Raspberry Pi 4 with a excellent DAC and a very stable DC power supply. My surround system is fine for movies but lacks a lot for really enjoying music.
Hence, the search for a good stereo system started.
I found GR Research and watched a lot of movies on Youtube. What strikes me is the passion for the product Mr. Richie demonstrates.
What I would like to find here is more information about the different speaker systems.
My initial choice was the X-LS encore. But that looks a bit underpowered for my living room, 4 by 4 meter, next to the dining room, same size.
X-MTM is what I'm looking for now but the there is not a lot of information about specifications, frequency response especially.

I live in the EU and would only order the speakers and X-overs. Having built my own house, stairs inclusive, I consider that I have good building skills.

Next to the speaker system will be an amplifier. Solid state or tube? I am drooling over the GATO AMP150.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: New to the club
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2021, 05:29 pm »
X-MTM

Specifications
Impedance:  8 ohms
Frequency Response:  40Hz-20KHz
Dimensions:  8.5" W x 46.7" H x 16.5" D
Weight:  50 lbs. each
Sensitivity:  90.5 dB

That amp looks pretty sweet but expensive.  :o

If you have space to pull them at least 1m from the walls then also consider X-Statiks.