MLP against back wall

Lust4metal

MLP against back wall
« on: 28 Feb 2021, 09:44 pm »
From what I've gathered this is a pretty bad configuration for sound. Unfortunately, my bedroom is all that this allows so the bed is the MLP. I'm lined up on the long wall and placed two 2'x4'x2" rockwool panels right behind the MLP spaced 2" apart, and then two more of them spaced out on the opposite wall in a wider configuration so they're not lined up with the other two. The floor is carpeted, there's a curtain to the left, and ARC room correction is ran. One thing that was surprising was how mild, if hardly any audible, effect the ARC has on the sound as compared to the drastic improvements Audyssey XT32 provides in my large open floor plan living room.

Few thoughts and questions - I expected the panels to possibly deaden/dull the sound however it didn't really, instead they took the edge off of the highs making it less fatiguing and tightened the imaging. The sound is very transparent and revealing, borderline clinical, wide sound stage, good dynamic range, and lacking in the bass department both low and upper mid bass (likely the limits of the speakers).  I'm using Ascend Acoustic Sierra-1s which are neutral toned speakers with a solid state amp spaced 18" away from the back wall and 3-4 feet from each side wall, and 15' ceiling.

Mostly curious as to what kind of effects this room may be having on the sound objectively (comb filtering is it? ) , and subjectively. Have I done enough for what I'm working with and am reaching the point of diminishing returns in terms of room acoustic limits without spending a buttload more?

Thanks and Happy Sunday!