just lost my SE-1 to a flood, need replacements...

mervincm

« on: 16 Jul 2004, 04:13 pm »
First of all, a quick howdy to Mike and this community, and a thanks to Mike for all his timely and quality advice during the construction of my SE-1's

I am in need of replacing my SE-1's.  I made three se-1's (LCR) and only one survived.

I was very satisfied with them.  I have a very capable sub system so their inability to produce vast amounts of lo freq bass was not a problem for me at all.

I listen to a very wide range of music, lots of movies, and at quite a range volume levels

I will be powering it with my marantz sr 18 or maybe a parasound 1500A

Does anyone (mike included obviously) sell premade (new/used) SE-1's or cabinets?

Does anyone (mike included obviously) sell premade (new/used) SE-2's or cabinets?

Does Mike have a model that is similar in sound and capabilities to the SE-1?

As I do not have anytime available for making my own cabinets, rebuilding from scratch is not an option for me at this time.

BTW I am in edmonton alberta canada so shipping might be a consideration.

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2004, 10:21 pm »
Hi,

You should have a shop nearby that would make the cabinets for you from the plans. That would likely be cheaper than our making them and shipping them to you. Not that we don't want to, just that it won't be cheap.

mervincm

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2004, 03:29 pm »
Thanks for your suggestion Mike.  I hadn't really thought about using a local shop for the cabinets.  However mine were so badly soaked, I doubt that many of the components would have survives, so I am essentialy starting from scratch.  and since I have some insurance coverage, I need to get them some numbers as soon as I can.  Can you quote me a price on the following

a pair of complete SE-1's Finished in some veneer, solid wood front

a pair of complete SE-2's Finished in some veneer, solid wood front
(I might want to go to an MTM type )

a pair of something that you normally carry, that is as capable as a pair of SE-1

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2004, 04:37 pm »
Okay, Mervin. Check you PM. :)