Shunyata Research at Audio Society of Minnesota Nov 19th, 2019

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
I'm planning on going to this meeting Tuesday evening. If any AC member makes it as well, be sure to say hello.

As posted on the ASM Facebook page:

On November 19th we are very fortunate to present Mr. Brandon Lauer of Shunyata Research!  Shunyata was founded in 1997 by former military scientists. Based on work in ultra-sensitive data acquisition systems they have become a leading manufacturer of cabling and power conditioning in the audio industry.

We all look forward to an extensive presentation on power conditioning, power cables and interconnects.

This will be our final meeting of 2019; we’ll reconvene after the holidays with our Bring and Brag meeting on January 21, 2020. 
More details to come!

Please join us at:
Pavek Museum of Broadcasting
3517 Raleigh Avenue
St. Louis Park, MN 55416

Refreshments are served; guests, visitors, and new members are welcome to attend.

Please try to arrive as close to 7:00 as reasonably possible to lessen the workload on the museum employees who kindly come in to open up just for us when the museum is normally closed. 

Thanks!

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
There was a larger than usual group in attendance for Tuesday's Audio Society of Minnesota meeting with Shunyata Research.

Hopefully my announcement here helps draw a few more audiophiles to the event.

I very much enjoyed the meeting. Brandon Lauer provided an excellent explanation and demonstration of why power cords matter and what power cords are capable of achieving in an audio system.

Chuck, sitting next to me, who years ago helped me develop AntiCables power cords, got a poke in the side and "Thank you Brandon for saying that", whispered in the ear from me, every time Brandon mentioned something that totally resonated with our own empirical testing. Things like:

- Fast current delivery
- Solder joints are bad
- Power cords are the first 6 feet not the last 6 feet
- Choosing the digital source when demoing just one power cord

These, and possibly a couple of other things Brandon mentioned, run directly parallel with our own findings. Being the one to answer the question, "Why should I buy better power cords?", hundreds of times throughout years, I found it refreshing to sit back and listen to someone else explain it.

After the meeting, I overheard someone ask Brandon if he was going to leave his demo cables for our clubs system. I don’t think he took the bait. Probably needs them for his next demo.

Thanks!

Paul Speltz
(AntiCables)