SOLD! Pair of Adire sealed subs - $500, moving overseas

smccull

I bought these here on AC and now they have to go and go fast.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?homesubw&1215397338

Preference will be given to AC members. You've been so good to me!

See my "Other Items" too.

Steve
« Last Edit: 16 May 2008, 11:53 pm by smccull »

smccull

Re: Pair of Adire sealed subs - $600, moving overseas
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2008, 04:27 pm »
bump

genjamon

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2008, 07:37 pm »
Did you use these with your Omegas?  If not, did you ever try them that way?  Just curious if they were musical and fast enough for quality single driver speakers.  I'm using Hornshoppe Horns right now and have some Omega Hemptones on the way, and I've been on the lookout for suitable subs.

~Ben

smccull

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2008, 10:38 pm »
I did use them with the MaxHemps and I thought they kept up fine. On acoustic music I prefered them turned off, because the Omegas go down into the 40s, which is plenty for that kind of music. But when I wanted to rock out, and needed a little more bass slam, the Adires did a great job. I set them at a level you couldn't really hear, so they blended well and added just a little bit of foundation. Because they're sealed, they have good speed and articulation. May not be the last word on 15-20hz extension, but I wasn't looking for that.

Hope that helps!

Steve

smccull

Re: Pair of Adire sealed subs - $500, moving overseas
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2008, 01:11 am »
Bump and price reduction to $500.00.  :duh:

smccull

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2008, 05:02 am »
Bump

95Honda

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2008, 05:49 am »
That is a very, very good deal.  I have been using a Koda for years, I love it.  Who ever buys these will get a a heck of lot for $500.....

smccull

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2008, 05:55 am »
Thanks Honda! If folks are interested, they need to move quickly. I need to sell them and ship them by end of day Friday or they're coming off the market for a long, long time. I'm moving to London and won't be able to use them there because of the different electrical current. They'll go into storage for two to three years, which would be a very sad thing.

Thump553

« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2008, 11:18 pm »
This probably is a great deal, but I tell you-looking at those pictures-that staple damage is criminal.  You must have freaked out when you opened the boxes.

Anyway, enjoy London.  My daughter spent a semester there last year and absolutely loved it.