Open Baffle with H-Frame using Eminence Delta 15A

bartwuster

Re: Open Baffle with H-Frame using Eminence Delta 15A
« Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2018, 12:47 am »
Bart if you could use the PAP OBA15 Ferrite(it is a special Alpha15A $139/pair) you could not need correction or xover, if need you should use just a 4.7mH inductor (270Hz).

Your project will be more simple. Just a idea.
http://www.pureaudioproject.com/product/15inch-open-baffle-bass-woofers/

Hi FullRangeMan,

Got a reply from Ze'ev of PureAudio Project, apparently the price of 139 Euro is for a single driver, and shipping for a pair of that driver to me is 140 Euro, totalling up to 400 Euro.

Thanks for the recommendation earlier sir, but I think for that price I might have to pass the offer..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2018, 01:40 am »
Hi FullRangeMan,

Got a reply from Ze'ev of PureAudio Project, apparently the price of 139 Euro is for a single driver, and shipping for a pair of that driver to me is 140 Euro, totalling up to 400 Euro.

Thanks for the recommendation earlier sir, but I think for that price I might have to pass the offer..
Sorry to know that bad news, this PAP site is misleading, there is no basket or a way to chose quantity of drivers, they dont declare each driver price, everything is implied, very odd.

Pressing BUY NOW Button they inform the price is $399 for two PAP15NEO (2 pcs include ground shipping):

bartwuster

« Reply #22 on: 11 Feb 2018, 01:44 am »
No worries brother, maybe I'll just stick to Delta 15A or find my way to buy the Alpha 15A from Parts Express then. :)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 11 Feb 2018, 01:54 am »
No worries brother, maybe I'll just stick to Delta 15A or find my way to buy the Alpha 15A from Parts Express then. :)
The PAP15NEO is based on this Eminence:
http://www.eminence.com/pdf/DeltaliteII_2515.pdf
$155 at PE:
https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-deltalite-ii-2515-neo-15-speaker-driver--290-595

ttan98

« Reply #24 on: 12 Feb 2018, 10:42 pm »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #25 on: 12 Feb 2018, 10:45 pm »
DeltaliteII 1515's  Qts=0.38, too low for Open Baffle application.
Iam aware this, Yamamoto too:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/yamamoto9/speaker.html

JohnR

« Reply #26 on: 13 Feb 2018, 09:12 am »
Personally, I think the first question to decide is whether you are building an active or "passive" system. If the former, and assuming that active means DSP capability at least on the woofer, the Qts is not irrelevant but it isn't really what you look at, what you look at is output vs frequency and consider how you compensate. If the latter, then I would say follow the advice (at least in general) in Martin King's excellent primers or follow a published project until you know how to change it.

bartwuster

« Reply #27 on: 13 Feb 2018, 09:16 am »
Personally, I think the first question to decide is whether you are building an active or "passive" system. If the former, and assuming that active means DSP capability at least on the woofer, the Qts is not irrelevant but it isn't really what you look at, what you look at is output vs frequency and consider how you compensate. If the latter, then I would say follow the advice (at least in general) in Martin King's excellent primers or follow a published project until you know how to change it.

Ok sir, will do. By using the h-frame sub with active crossover, I guess I'm on the active side, so I'll look into the output vs frequency as per your reply.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 13 Feb 2018, 07:27 pm »
I suggest the DeltaLite 2515 due his low price, hi SPL 99dB and can run direct without correction/xover on a BR box, that is much better than a 94dB OB active or DSP imo.

I would prefer a 130L BR box as PE suggest or larger to have that 99dB on hand than the 94dB OB panel, the box not need to be ducted it can be vented or semi open as guitar combos with lots of internal stuffing.