Odyssey CD Player?

Audio Al

Odyssey CD Player?
« on: 27 Jan 2003, 09:24 pm »
Klaus,
Wondering what happened to the CD player you mentioned was in development a while back.  Any plans for introduction or has the project been terminated?

klaus@odyssey

Odyssey CD Player?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2003, 06:02 am »
Hi Al,

Well,  pre-development is a better term.  We've never gotten around to it,  as we're just so busy and hammered with orders,  it's not even funny anymore.  Actually,  we've had 2 companies approach us for OEM,  but in the end,  there were quite a few considerations,  such as bang for the buck (has to be in line with the amps and the pre),  time consumption,  ease of final production,  and also cash flow,  as our new projects will eat up tons of cash.

Anyway,  no,  CDplayers for the time being are not planned,  or at least not for 2003,  hehehe.  Besides,  there are quite a few really good values out there at the moment:  Sony 333 / 222  SACD,  Ah Tjoeb,  Rotel,  etc.  Anybody looking for a new unit and questioning tyhe synergy with existing Odyssey pieces should call me,  anytime,  and it'll be my pleasure to discuss systems.  

Late,
Klaus

klaus@odyssey

Odyssey CD Player?
« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2003, 06:04 am »
Forgot,  the collaboration unit with Symphonic Line would probably would have smashed the 2 k barrier,  and even though I think that it would have been good for twice as much,  the price of 2 k  would not have been a shoe-in as far as sales are concerned.  Again,  mucho investment.