RMAF 2015

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
RMAF 2015
« on: 9 Feb 2015, 11:15 pm »
Just made my hotel reservations.  Also, I'd like to remind all the audio business owners that RMAF 2015 is October 2-4.  There is no reason to wait until the week before to get ready other than blame your shitty sound on your procrastination.  Unfortunately there was a LOT of that in 2014.  I wasn't going this year but can't make Axpona so I'll give it another go in year 10 for me. 

Start NOW!

http://audiofest.net/

tonyptony

Re: RMAF 2015
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2015, 12:12 am »
Looks like Chester Group gave up on NYAS. There's no indication there will be one in 2015. I thought moving it to just before RMAF was a terrible idea, even if it was only a 2 hour drive for me. Been going to RMAF for a while now; hadn't decided yet if I'll be going again this year. Was actually considering Axpona this year.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2015, 01:36 am »
I'm hoping this year will be better than last year.  Last was the worst that I can remember. 

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2015, 02:28 am »
Sorry we'll miss you at AXPONA. Hope to get you in Chicago one of these years.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2 Mar 2015, 02:42 am »
Sorry we'll miss you at AXPONA. Hope to get you in Chicago one of these years.
I've been there many times...just not for Axpona.   :P   

Charles Calkins

« Reply #5 on: 2 Mar 2015, 05:30 am »
I'm hoping this year will be better than last year.  Last was the worst that I can remember.
Hi:
  What didn't you like about last years RMAF?
  I haven't been there in several years but was thinking about going this year.

Cheers
                                              Charlie

SoCalWJS

« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2015, 04:03 am »
Looks like I'm going this year after missing last year.

Southwest had a heck of a one day sale, and I just couldn't resist - justified it by saying to myself that I "only" get to go to the Newport Beach Show for 1 day this year...... :oops:

Hope it's a good one.  Now to find a room and get a car.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2015, 04:06 am »
Try E-Z Rent a car.  Cheap and on a shuttle from airport just like the big boys.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2015, 04:13 am »
Just made my hotel reservations.  Also, I'd like to remind all the audio business owners that RMAF 2015 is October 2-4.  There is no reason to wait until the week before to get ready other than blame your shitty sound on your procrastination.  Unfortunately there was a LOT of that in 2014.  I wasn't going this year but can't make Axpona so I'll give it another go in year 10 for me. 

Start NOW!

http://audiofest.net/

I was going to but I need another year. In 2016 I will show a new speaker and cable line that will make some waves.  :green:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2015, 12:57 pm »
Taking a look at room rates - Hampton went up AGAIN  :o. Looks like I'll try the Hilton Garden Inn this year.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2015, 04:35 pm »
Flights booked. Hotel reg emailed in. Purchased event tix.

Now if I can make the 8 PM flight out of Detroit after a scheduled arrival at 6 PM from China!

Art_Chicago

« Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2015, 06:23 pm »
Good Luck! Hope you can make it and enjoy the show.

sandbagger

« Reply #12 on: 12 Aug 2015, 01:51 am »
Flights booked. Hotel reg emailed in. Purchased event tix.

Now if I can make the 8 PM flight out of Detroit after a scheduled arrival at 6 PM from China!

Sounds like Fun....

I will be headed out yet again

vinyl_lady

« Reply #13 on: 12 Aug 2015, 03:54 pm »
Plane reservations made, hotel room booked, looking forward to my 11th straight RMAF, reconnecting with many ACers and making new friends.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #14 on: 12 Aug 2015, 07:19 pm »
Got my plane tickets when they were cheap, but held off on Hotels. Checked the usual spots, and boy have their rates shot up.  :o

Almost thinking of canceling - it's just getting too expensive for a goofing off "bachelor" vacation.

tonyptony

« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2015, 01:15 am »
I was debating as well for the same reasons. I was checking all the travel sites through Kayak on a regular basis and kept thinking I wasn't going to swing the higher price. A week ago I checked again and the Hampton must have been having some kind of flash price drop. I got in at the Hampton with non-stop flights for almost $20 less than last year. So I'm good to go.

The next day it was back up to the sort of high prices we're seeing everywhere.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #16 on: 21 Aug 2015, 04:10 pm »
Can't do it this year.  I have been working all angles to see if there was going to be a glimmer of hope for attending but the crack disappeared yesterday when we got tix to see Stevie Wonder on Saturday.

You see, it's my 15th anniversary on the 2nd.  RMAF did not do me any favor by moving the date. :duh:

So I have a room reserved at Marriott that I am going to cancel.  Anybody want it?

You guys make sure to continue on the 3rd annual TCG memorial dinner. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 21 Aug 2015, 04:29 pm »
Can't do it this year.  I have been working all angles to see if there was going to be a glimmer of hope for attending but the crack disappeared yesterday when we got tix to see Stevie Wonder on Saturday.

You see, it's my 15th anniversary on the 2nd.  RMAF did not do me any favor by moving the date. :duh:

So I have a room reserved at Marriott that I am going to cancel.  Anybody want it?

You guys make sure to continue on the 3rd annual TCG memorial dinner.
I just spoke with the Mrs....she said she was hoping to see the Rocky Mountains with you in the beginning of October.  I'd say surprise her and give her what she wants.   :kiss:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #18 on: 21 Aug 2015, 08:34 pm »
Will be there this year!

Sorry to hear woodsyi will not make it. 

Hope to see others at the show!

Don_S

« Reply #19 on: 21 Aug 2015, 09:25 pm »
Taking a look at room rates - Hampton went up AGAIN  :o. Looks like I'll try the Hilton Garden Inn this year.

What are the rates at the Hampton?